Users who own a Linksys extender and have subscribed to the AT&T U-verse package always have a question in their mind – how to complete Linksys extender setup with ATT Uverse. The reason being, the AT&T U-verse package facilitates the user to access digital platforms, landline telephone services, and WiFi connectivity through a single connection. It consists of a WiFiextender which makes it difficult for the user to configure their Linksys extenders re7000 setup. After all, configuring two wireless extenders is considered an ordeal by non-techs.
Additionally, due to the necessary requirements of AT&T U-verse, the wireless extender that comes with the package cannot be replaced straightforwardly with any extender. In that case, using the Linksys extender as a bridge between the ATT extender and other devices in the home can work. To say it simply, you have to use your U-verse extender as a gateway and put it in the IP Passthrough mode so that you can get the benefits of using ATT&T and Linksys services at the same time.
This blog highlights all the important aspects of configuring a Linksys wireless extender with ATT. So, stick to reading a find out how to complete Linksys extender re7000 setup with ATT Uverse. In case you need an expert’s assistance with the installation process of the extender, contact our tech support team.
Steps to Put AT&T U-verse in IP Passthrough Mode
Before you start the actual setup process of the Linksys extender, you have to put your ATT U-verse gateway in IP Passthrough mode. Doing so will make it possible for the network traffic on the Linksys extender to the main gateway and hence allowing you to make the most of both services together. Given below are the directions that will help you put your AT&T U-verse gateway in the IP Passthrough mode prior to the Linksys extender setup process. However, you have to ensure that the Linksys extender is hardwired with your ATT gateway.
- First of all, switch on your laptop and let it access the network of your AT&T extender.
- Load an internet browser and type the IP address of the main gateway [U-verse extender].
- Now, log in to the AT&T U-verse setup page with the help of the extender’s Access Code.
- On the dashboard of your ATT gateway, select the Firewall tab.
- Click the IP Passthrough option.
- Locate Allocation Mode and select the Passthrough option via the drop-down menu.
- Now, choose DHCPS-fixed adjacent to the Passthrough Mode drop-down menu.
- In the Manual Entry field, type the MAC address of your Linksys extender.
- Click the Save button.
- You’re done!
Once you’re done with the setting up of your AT&T as a gateway and in IP passthrough mode, the setup process of the Linksys extender can be started. The next section will provide you with detailed guidelines on how to complete Linksys extenderre7000 setup with ATT Uverse. This is to inform you that you will need the Linksys IP addressto get your extender configured. Therefore, have access to the same beforehand.
How to Setup Linksys Extenderre7000 with ATT Uverse?
- Ensure that your Linksys extender’s power switch is set to the ON position.
- Also, verify that your Linksys extender is sharing a stable connection with the ATT extender.
- Now, open a new tab on your laptop and enter the Linksys IP address.
- The extender’s IP address must be entered into the address bar.
- Thereafter, press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to a window displaying a few terms and conditions.
- Agree to the License terms by ticking the checkbox.
- Select the Manual Configuration link or the checkbox beside the option saying “I want to skip Setup and Configure My Extender Manually”.
- Now, enter the PPPoE Account name and Password of your AT&T U-verse services.
- Select Next and enable Automatic Extender Updates.
- Thereafter, assign new settings to your Linksys extender.
- Access the newly created network and select Next.
- You will then be prompted to create an admin password for the extender.
- A password hint can also be added in case you forget the password in the future.
- You will come across the “Your Extender is Set Up!”
- Click Next to finalize the setup process.
- You’re all caught up!
This is how to setup Linksys extender with ATT Uverse. Now that you’ve successfully set it up, you are free to access the newly created network. In case you’re unable to complete the installation on your extender with the AT&T U-verse gateway, check out the next section to learn what you might have done wrong.
Can’t Setup Linksys Extender with AT&T U-verse?
- No matter how proficiently you know how to setup Linksys extender with ATTUverse, your all efforts will go in vain if you proceed with the extender setup process without ensuring the Power indicator’s status. It must be solid.
- The hardwire connection between your Linksys extender and the AT&T U-verse extender should be nowhere near loose. For this, we suggest you always use a non-damaged Ethernet cable for connecting both extenders.
- On the ATT Uverse dashboard, enter the MAC address of your Linksys extender very carefully. Otherwise, no matter how hard you try, you’ll end up facing issues while installing your Linksys extender.
In a Nutshell
Here, we end our guide revealing the instructions on how to setup Linksys extender with ATT Uverse. You learned that you can configure your Linksys extender to act as a bridge between your AT&T U-verse gateway and the devices in the home. You also got to know how to fix issues that emerged during the Linksys extender setup.
Just in case you are still unable to make your Linksys extender up and running using the ATT Uverse device as a gateway, consider getting in touch with our experts. FYI, they are always on their toes to help Linksys users no matter whether they are facing issues with Linksys extenderre7000 setup or struggling with extender.linksys.com not workingissue with the extender.