How to Perform Linksys RE6800 Setup
Linksys RE6800 AC1750 WiFi Range Extender eliminates dead zones and boosts WiFi throughout your home, even in outdoors. With dual-band functionality, the extender provides speeds up to AC1750. Offering WiFi coverage up to 9,000 Sq. Ft., Linksys RE6800 Setup is very easy to perform. Just a few simple steps mentioned below and you are done.
- Plug in your RE6800 WiFi extender to a wall outlet.
- Next, power on your PC or laptop and connect it to a working internet connection.
- When prompted, enter the WiFi password to connect to the network.
- Access a web browser of your choice.
- Head over to extender.linksys.com web-based page.
- Wait for some time until the extender login page opens properly.
- Input the username and password to continue.
- Click on the login button.
- After that, walk through the Linksys RE6800 setup steps given on the screen.
If the aforementioned instructions don’t work for you, navigate to our Linksys Extender Setup and find the complete setup steps there.
On the off chance that you still can’t complete your Linksys RE6800 setup, get a quick resolution from our experienced technicians.
Advanced Configuration After Linksys RE6800 Setup
1. Using Site Survey on Linksys RE6800 AC1750 WiFi Range Extender
The Site Survey feature of the RE6800 AC1750 WiFi Range Extender displays all the wireless networks within the range of the wireless range extender. Let’s have a look at the instructions on how to use this feature of the device.
- Open a browser to log in to the web-based setup page of your range extender. To learn how, go to our Linksys Extender Login page.
- Under the Wireless section, click on Site Survey.
- Select your preferred network and click the Connect button.
- Now, clicking the Select radio button selects the SSID.
- The SSID section displays the name of available wireless networks.
- The GHz section indicates the radio band of available wireless networks
- Next, the Signal section displays the relative position of the available networks within range by indicating the power of the wireless signal received through the green signal bars.
- If you are connecting to a secured network, you will be prompted to enter a Passphrase. Click Connect and wait for the settings to be saved.
You should now have connected to the network using the Site Survey feature of your RE6800 extender. In case of any technical issue, get in touch with our experts.
2. Use the Access Control Feature of Your Linksys RE6800 AC1750 WiFi Range Extender
The Linksys RE6800 AC1750 WiFi Range Extender has an Access Control feature that enables you to allow or prevent wireless devices to connect to the range extender’s network. This section will give you instructions on how to use and configure the Access Control feature after Linksys RE6800 setup.
Access your RE6800’s web-based setup page.
Navigate to the Wireless > Access Control section.
These are the options for Access Control and their respective functions:
- Allow – Only computers on the MAC Address filter list will have access to the wireless network.
- Deny – Computers on the MAC Address filter list will not have access to the wireless network.
Add a Device:
- MAC Address – Manually enter a MAC Address and click Save.
- Wireless Client – Displays computers and other devices currently on the wireless network. Select a client from the list and click Save.
Access Control List:
- Displays all the MAC Addresses that you have added.
- Click Edit to edit the MAC Address client. The edited MAC Address will show in the MAC Address field. To remove this MAC Address item from the list, click Remove.
Click on the save button to apply changes.
If you stuck at any step, get quick assistance from our experts.
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with any third-party brand or manufacturer unless specifically specified.