Linksys RE6500 Setup Steps
Linksys RE6500 AC1200 Dual-Band Wireless Range Extender repeats the wireless signal of any access point or router to provide internet connectivity in hard-to-reach areas. The extender provides wireless coverage of up to 10,000 square feet. Linksys RE6500 setup is very easy – no need for any installation CD.
You can stream HD-quality videos and play online games wirelessly without interruptions or lag, thanks to its high-speed AC technology. For rapid and reliable wired connections to computers and other Internet-ready devices, the RE6500 includes 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports – offering speeds 10x faster than Fast Ethernet.
For Linksys RE6500 Setup, consider the steps outlined underneath:
- Firstly, turn on your Linksys RE6500 range extender by plugging it into a wall outlet.
- Power on your computer or laptop and connect it to an internet connection.
- A new window will come into view which will ask you for the WiFi password.
- Thereafter, type the password to proceed further.
- Launch any internet browser on your PC or laptop.
- Access extender.linksys.com web-based page.
- Now, the default Linksys range extender login page will accompany you.
- Input the user ID and passphrase in the given fields.
- Next, click on the login button at the bottom side.
- A series of on-screen instructions will appear. Simply follow them carefully.
This way, you can perform Linksys RE6500 Setup with ease. In case you fail to set up your extender by following the aforementioned steps, go to our Linksys Extender Setup page and find the steps in more elaborative way.
However, in case you are still unable to set up your RE6500 WiFi range extender, approach our expert technicians at toll-free 1-866-808-4180 and fix all your Linksys RE6500 setup-related issues.
Linksys RE6500 Extender is not Broadcasting a Wireless Network Name or SSID
If your range extender is not broadcasting the wireless network name (SSID), you can perform these troubleshooting measures below:
1. Power-cycle Your Extender
To jumpstart your network without wiping off any personalized wireless settings, perform a power-cycle. To do this, power off the router and extender by unplugging the power cord and wait for some time before plugging it back in.
2. Check If Your Computer Can Ping the Range Extender
A Ping Test is performed using a computer through the Run or Command Prompt (Windows PC) or Ping (Mac) feature. The range extender should be directly connected to the computer using an Ethernet cable before performing this test.
To ping the range extender, you will need to obtain its IP address which can be found in the DCHP Client Table of your router’s web-based setup page. Once you have the extender’s IP address, perform a Ping Test. To know how to perform a Ping Test on your different computer operating systems, contact our well-versed technicians at toll-free 1-866-808-4180.
3. Check If the Settings of the Range Extender and the Router are in Sync
The range extender’s web-based setup page helps you manage the configuration of your extender. It is important that the extender reflects exactly the same settings of the router you are using, especially the Network Name (SSID), Password, Channel Width, and Security Mode.
4. Reset the Range Extender
Press and hold the Reset button of your range extender. Once the Power LED starts blinking, the reset is successful and the extender will restart at this point.
Does the issue get resolved? If not, get in touch with our knowledgeable technicians at toll-free 1-866-808-4180 and troubleshoot the problem within minutes.
How to Check the Status of Your Range Extender
Checking the status of your range extender is important so you can verify whether it is connected to your wireless network and whether it is getting the correct IP address from your router. Let’s get to know how to check the status of your Linksys RE6500 AC1200 Dual-Band Wireless Range Extender:
- Open a browser to log in to the web-based setup page of your range extender.
- Click on the Device Info in the left navigation panel.
- Under Network Address, check the Subnet Mask and Default Gateway.
- In the left navigation under Status, click WLAN Statistics.
- Check whether the Network Name (SSID) field is the same as your wireless network’s then check the Status below. It should say ‘Connected’.
If your extender is not connected, give us a call at toll-free 1-866-808-4180 and resolve this issue with the help of our knowledgeable technicians.
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with any third-party brand or manufacturer unless specifically specified.