Linksys RE6500 Setup Steps
Linksys RE6500 AC1200 Dual-Band Wireless Range Extender repeats the wireless signal of any access point or router to provide internet connectivity in hard-to-reach areas. The extender provides wireless coverage of up to 10,000 square feet. Linksys RE6500 setup is very easy – no need for any installation CD.
You can stream HD-quality videos and play online games wirelessly without interruptions or lag, thanks to its high-speed AC technology. For rapid and reliable wired connections to computers and other Internet-ready devices, the RE6500 includes 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports – offering speeds 10x faster than Fast Ethernet.
For Linksys RE6500 Setup, consider the steps outlined underneath:
- Firstly, turn on your RE6500 range extender by plugging it into a wall outlet.
- Power on your computer or laptop and connect it to an internet connection.
- A new window will come into view which will ask you for the WiFi password.
- Thereafter, type the password to proceed further.
- Launch any internet browser on your PC or laptop.
- Access extender.linksys.com web-based page.
- Now, the default range extender login page will accompany you.
- Input the user ID and passphrase in the given fields.
- Next, click on the login button at the bottom side.
- A series of on-screen instructions will appear. Simply follow them carefully.
This way, you can perform RE6500 Setup with ease. In case you fail to set up your extender by following the aforementioned steps, go to our Linksys Extender Setup page and find the steps in a more elaborative way.
Linksys RE6500 Manual | AC1200
When you buy a brand new AC1200 extender, you will get a Linksys RE6500 manual in the package. This Manual contains a series of setup steps from starting to end. All you have to do is simply walk through these Linksys extender setup RE6500 instructions and make your extender up and running within minutes.
However, understanding the installation instructions from the Linksys RE6500 manual is very difficult for regular users. The best way to install your Linksys AC1200 RE6500 WiFi range extender with great ease is to contact our professionals via phone, live chat, or email. They will guide you each and every step and set up your extender properly.
Linksys RE6500 Extender is not Broadcasting a Wireless Network Name or SSID
If your range extender is not broadcasting the wireless network name (SSID), you can perform these troubleshooting measures below:
1. Power-cycle Your Extender
To jumpstart your network without wiping off any personalized wireless settings, perform a power-cycle. To do this, power off the router and extender by unplugging the power cord and wait for some time before plugging it back in.
2. Check If Your Computer Can Ping the Range Extender
A Ping Test is performed using a computer through the Run or Command Prompt (Windows PC) or Ping (Mac) feature. The range extender should be directly connected to the computer using an Ethernet cable before performing this test.
To ping the range extender, you will need to obtain its IP address which can be found in the DCHP Client Table of your router’s web-based setup page. Once you have the extender’s IP address, perform a Ping Test. To know how to perform a Ping Test on your different computer operating systems, contact our well-versed technicians.
3. Check If the Settings of the Range Extender and the Router are in Sync
The range extender’s web-based setup page helps you manage the configuration of your extender. It is important that the extender reflects exactly the same settings of the router you are using, especially the Network Name (SSID), Password, Channel Width, and Security Mode.
4. Reset the Range Extender
Press and hold the Reset button of your range extender. Once the Power LED starts blinking, the reset is successful and the extender will restart at this point.
Does the issue get resolved? If not, get in touch with our knowledgeable technicians and troubleshoot the problem within minutes.
How to Check the Status of Your Range Extender
Checking the status of your range extender is important so you can verify whether it is connected to your wireless network and whether it is getting the correct IP address from your router. Let’s get to know how to check the status of your RE6500 AC1200 Dual-Band Wireless Range Extender:
- Open a browser to log in to the web-based setup page of your range extender.
- Click on the Device Info in the left navigation panel.
- Under Network Address, check the Subnet Mask and Default Gateway.
- In the left navigation under Status, click WLAN Statistics.
- Check whether the Network Name (SSID) field is the same as your wireless network then check the Status below. It should say ‘Connected’.
How to Reset Linksys Extender RE6500?
Facing intermittent wireless connections even after the Linksys extender setup RE6500? Can’t access http //extender.linksys.com RE6500 web-based setup page? If so, reset your Linksys extender to the default values. Linksys RE6500 reset is the remedy for all technical issues related to your range extender.
Before you reset Linksys RE6500 extender, it is strongly recommended to create a backup of the current configuration settings of your extender and restore them after the reset. Thus, no need to reconfigure your Linksys extender.
Here’s how to reset Linksys RE6500 extender:
There are two ways to perform Linksys RE6500 reset: using the Reset button and through the default Linksys range extender setup RE6500 web-based page.
1. Reset Linksys Extender RE6500 Using Reset Button
Follow the steps below to reset Linksys RE6500 extender:
- Find the Reset button on your Linksys RE6500 AC1200 dual-band range extender.
- The Reset button may present on the back or bottom panel of your extender.
- Press and hold the Reset button.
Reboot your WiFi range extender to complete the Linksys RE6500 reset process.
2. Reset Linksys Extender RE6500 Via the Web-Based Setup Page
Here’s how to reset Linksys extender RE6500 using the web interface:
- Open an internet browser you use the most.
- Access the http //extender.linksys.com RE6500 web-based setup page.
- After logging into your extender, choose the Factory Defaults option.
- Click on the Restore Factory Defaults button.
- To complete the Linksys RE6500 reset process, power cycle your extender.
Thus, your Linksys AC1200 RE6500 WiFi range extender has been reset. In case you have created a configuration backup before resetting your extender, click on the Restore Configurations button to restore the backup. However, if you come across any sort of technical issue while resetting your Linksys RE6500 range extender, get in touch with our knowledgeable and skilled technicians.
Common Linksys Range Extender Setup RE6500 Issues
- http //extender.linksys.com RE6500 web-based setup page not working
- Linksys RE6500 no light error
- Forgot the Linksys extender password
- The extender is not turning on
- Not able to find the default Linksys extender IP address
- Internet connectivity problems
- Linksys AC1200 login fails
- Unable to access the default login web address
- Linksys AC1200 WiFi extender setup page not responding
- WiFi extender is connected but no internet
- Can’t update the firmware of Linksys RE6500
- Lost configuration CD
- Unable to perform Linksys RE6500 reset
- Can’t set up Linksys AC1200 RE6500 extender
- Linksys AC1200 extender orange light error
To get immediate troubleshooting help for any of the Linksys RE6500 AC1200 dual-band wireless range extender setup issues provided above, reach out to our highly-experienced technicians without any delay.
Linksys Extender Setup RE6500 Troubleshooting
For novice users, below are some Linksys extender troubleshooting tips to resolve your RE6500 Extender Setup issues:
- Access high-speed internet connection on your device.
- Verify that the wall plug in which the extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Make sure that the extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Update the latest Linksys RE6500 firmware version on your extender.
- Keep your extender away from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- Check all the wired connections. Do not use any damaged cable.
- If you are getting issues while accessing the http //extender.linksys.com RE6500 web-based setup, be certain that you entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during Linksys AC1200 RE6500 login.
- Power cycle your Linksys AC1200 RE6500 extender once and try to set it up again.
- If you have lost or forgotten the default login credentials, cross-check them in the Linksys RE6500 manual.
- Perform Linksys RE6500 reset.
None of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips fix your issues? Don’t panic. Just reach out to our experts and rectify your Linksys RE6500 extender setup issues.
If your extender is not connected, resolve this issue with the help of our knowledgeable technicians by dialing our toll-free 1-888-887-5015.
Disclaimer: linksyssmartwifi.site is not affiliated with any third-party brand or manufacturer unless specifically specified. It is a website providing WiFi information on troubleshooting and resolving issues related to various extenders, routers and similar networking devices. It's an independent service and support provider.