Linksys Extender Setup
WiFi range extenders are the best solution for weak WiFi signal strength issues at home or office. And Linksys is one of the leading manufacturers of wireless extenders that are not only easy to set up but also equally easy to maintain. In case you are looking to perform Linksys extender setup, you are at the right place. Here, you will get to know each and every step to set up your range extender properly. Read on.
Extender Linksys Setup – Prerequisites
Linksys WiFi range extender repeats the wireless signal of any router or access point and provides the internet connectivity in hard-to-reach places. In order to perform extender setup manually, here’s a list of essentials:
- The extender must be turned on.
- Note down the existing router’s wireless settings i.e. SSID or wireless network name, wireless password or network/security key, and wireless channel.
- Restore the factory default settings on your WiFi range extender.
- You must access a working internet connection.
So these were some necessary things to keep in mind before setting up WiFi extender. Now, let’s get to know how to set up a Linksys range extender. There are two methods for extender setup: manual and WPS. Both methods are described below in detail. You can go with any method which you find easy.
1. Linksys Extender Setup – Manual Method
Setting up Linksys extender manually? Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Bring the computer or laptop and range extender in the same room.
- After that, connect your PC to extender via an Ethernet cable.
- Now, plug the range extender and computer into an electrical outlet.
- Connect it to the Linksys extender setup-xxx network.
- Type extender.linksys.com in the URL bar of a web browser.
- A login page will come into view. Enter the default credentials to log in.
- If you face any issue during the login, find troubleshooting tips on our Extender Login page.
- Once the basic extender.linksys.setup screen appears, type the network name (SSID) of your existing router in the required fields.
- Thereafter, select the manual option and turn off the extender for some time. Now, turn on your range extender properly.
In this way, you can easily complete your Linksys extender setup. On the off chance that you experience any technical issue with extender.linksys.setup, don’t forget to connect with our experts.
2. Linksys Extender Setup – WPS Method
WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) is a security standard for a wireless network that is very helpful in making steady connections between the extender and wireless devices. There are two ways for setting up WiFi extender using WPS. You can either use the physical WPS button on the extender or log in to the web-based extender.linksys.setup page and choose one of three given options.
(a) Using WPS Button
- Insert the range extender into a power/electrical outlet.
- Hold the WPS button on your extender.
- Check the WPS LED on your device as it shows the status of your Linksys extender setup-XXX network.
- If the power lights on your range extender become visible, it means that your range extender is configuring with the router.
- After some time, the LED lights will change the color to solid green.
- It indicates that the WiFi extender setup is successfully done or completed.
Note: If you own a dual-band Linksys extender, apply the same steps once again.
(b) Using the Web-Based WPS Button
It provides you with three options, namely: WPS button, using the WPS PIN and using the router’s PIN.
1. WPS Button
Log in to your Linksys wireless range extender and click on the Wireless > WPS button. After that, press the WPS button on your device to get started with the WiFi Setup process. After that, click on the Enable option next to WPS button.
2. Using the WPS PIN
On the off chance that your device includes a WPS PIN, input that number in the second field on the Linksys extender setup web-based page. That’s it!
3. Using the Router’s PIN
In case your client device demands the router’s PIN, input that number in the third field on the extender.linksys.setup page.
Once the WPS light stays continuously lit, it means the WiFi extender setup has been completed.
On the off chance that you come across any issue while setting up extender, reset the extender to default factory settings and try again. Or take help from our expert technicians to resolve the issues in an instant. We have a strong team of experts who are on their toes to fix all your issues related to the Linksys WiFi extender setup.
Linksys WiFi Range Extender Configuration
So you are done with the Linksys WiFi setup! Now, the next step is to configure your extender. For those who are unfamiliar with the term ‘configuration’, it means changing the settings as per your needs. Using the extender’s default settings is not good for your WiFi network. So it’s best to configure them as soon as possible.
Here’s how to change the Linksys extender settings:
- Power on your range extender.
- Access a web browser and navigate to the extender setup page.
- Input the user ID and Linksys default password in the given fields and hit login.
- Now, click on the Basic Settings option.
- Find the extended wireless settings you wish to change for your WiFi setup.
- Fill in your preferred wireless network name and password in their respective fields for extender.linksys.setup.
- In the Advanced Settings section, you can change the settings like SSID broadcast, channel width, security mode, and a lot more.
- On the off chance that your extender supports dual-band functionality, change the extended wireless settings for 5 GHz network by applying the same steps mentioned above.
- At last, click on the save button to make your setting changes effective.
Thus, you can change the settings of your extender after successful extender setup. Got an issue during the configuration process? Move to the next section where we will discuss various troubleshooting tips to fix the issue in an instant.
Troubleshooting Tips – Linksys Extender Issues
Whether you face any issue with Linksys range extender setup or the extender configuration, these troubleshooting tips will help you out.
- First of all, check the placement of your extender. Not only during the setup process but also after setting up WiFi extender, place it to an optimal location which is far away from electronic appliances, concrete walls, metal objects, refrigerators, and cordless phones.
- Confirm that the wall socket in which the extender is plugged in, is not damaged or short-circuited. Try plugging in your extender to another electrical outlet.
- Check the status of power LED lights on your extender.
- Verify if your internet connection is in the running state or not. Do not use any neighboring WiFi connection for accessing the extender setup page.
- Keep the extender’s antennas in a straight vertical position.
- Make sure that you are using the latest web browser version for extender.linksys.setup.
- Use the correct username and password while connecting to extender setup-xxx network.
Using these troubleshooting tips, you can easily get rid of the issues with your Linksys WiFi range extender. But if you are still facing the same issue while setting up extender, don’t hesitate to contact our experts and get instant fixes.
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with any third-party brand or manufacturer unless specifically specified.