Linksys RE6400 Setup Guide
Linksys RE6400 AC1200 Boost EX WiFi Range Extender is a range extender from Linksys with 802.11ac technology. It has a plug-in format factor that allows the product to be plugged into a power outlet. As soon as you complete your RE6400 Setup, you can easily increase the range of a WiFi network with two non-detachable external antennas that provide WiFi range extension. It operates on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies simultaneously.
- First and foremost, turn on your RE6400 WiFi extender.
- Power on your PC and connect it to an available WiFi network.
- A prompt will open letting you enter the WiFi password.
- Launch an internet browser like Firefox, Chrome, or Edge on your PC.
- Type extender.linksys.com in the address bar and press enter key.
- Now, the wireless extender login page will show.
- Input the login user ID and passphrase.
- Thereafter, click on the login button at the bottom side.
- Now, go through the Linksys RE6400 setup steps given on the screen.
There you are! Your RE6400 AC1200 Boost EX WiFi Range Extender has been set up. However, if you don’t find these steps working for you, navigate to our Linksys Extender Setup page to get the complete steps for the manual and WPS method.
Linksys RE6400 Manual | AC1200
When you buy a brand new AC1200 extender, you will get a Linksys RE6400 manual in the package. This Manual contains a series of setup steps from starting to end. All you have to do is simply walk through these Linksys RE6400 setup instructions and make your extender up and running within minutes.
However, understanding the installation instructions from the Linksys RE6400 manual is very difficult for regular users. The best way to install your Linksys AC1200 RE6400 WiFi range extender with great ease is to contact our professionals via phone, live chat, or email. They will guide you each and every step and set up your extender properly.
Using Site Survey on Linksys RE6400 Range Extender
The Site Survey displays all the wireless networks within the range of the wireless range extender. Follow the instructions below to learn how to use the Site Survey feature of the RE6400 range extender:
- Open a browser to log in to the web-based Linksys RE6400 setup page of your range extender.
- Click on the Site Survey option.
- The Site Survey page will then be displayed with the following options:
- Select – clicking the radio button beside the wireless network name (SSID) selects the SSID.
- Security – displays the security type used by available networks. If a network supports WiFi Protected Setup (WPS), the WPS icon is also displayed.
- SSID – displays the name of available wireless networks.
- Signal Strength – displays the relative position of the available networks within range by indicating the power of the wireless signal received.
- GHz – indicates the radio band of available wireless networks.
Connecting the Range Extender With an Access Point or Router Using Site Survey
- Under Site Survey, click the radio button that corresponds to your wireless network name (SSID) and then click Connect.
- Enter the passphrase of your wireless network then click Connect.
- Wait for the process to be completed.
- You should now have successfully configured your range extender with the wireless network. You can proceed with connecting wireless computers and devices to get internet access.
- The Network Name (SSID) should display your router’s wireless network name.
- Open the web browser you want to use.
- Write http //extender.linksys.com re6400 and press enter key.
- Let the WiFi extender login page completely load.
- Fill in the username and password to continue.
- Finally, click on the login button.
In case of any issues, reach out to our experts and get on-the-spot solutions.
Common Linksys Range Extender Setup RE6400 Issues
- WiFi extender is connected but no internet
- Can’t access the default login web address
- The extender is not turning on
- Linksys AC1200 login fails
- Internet connectivity issues
- Linksys AC1200 WiFi extender setup page not responding
- Lost configuration CD
- Unable to update the Linksys RE6400 firmware
- Linksys RE6400 no light error
- http //extender.linksys.com RE6400 web-based setup page not working
- Not able to find the default Linksys extender IP address
- Facing issues while doing the Linksys RE6400 setup using WPS
- Forgot the Linksys extender password
- Unable to perform Linksys RE6400 reset
- Linksys AC1200 extender orange light error
- Can’t set up Linksys AC1200 RE6400 extender
To get immediate troubleshooting help for any of the Linksys RE6400 AC1200 dual-band wireless range extender setup issues provided above, reach out to our highly-experienced technicians without any delay.
Linksys AC1200 RE6400 Extender Troubleshooting
For novice users, below are some Linksys extender troubleshooting tips to resolve your RE6400 extender setup issues:
- Check all the wired connections. Do not use any damaged cable.
- If you are getting issues while accessing the http //extender.linksys.com RE6400 web-based setup, be certain that you entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Access high-speed internet connection on your device.
- Power cycle your Linksys AC1200 RE6400 extender once and try to set it up again.
- If you have lost or forgotten the default login credentials, cross-check them in the Linksys RE6400 manual.
- Verify that the wall plug in which the extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Keep your extender away from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- Perform Linksys RE6400 reset.
- Make sure that the extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during Linksys AC1200 RE6400 login.
- Update the latest Linksys RE6400 firmware version on your extender.
None of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips fix your issues? Don’t panic. Just reach out to our experts and rectify your Linksys RE6400 extender setup issues.
Fixed: Unable to Find My 5 GHz Network During Linksys Extender Setup RE6400
Your wireless router is set to a Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) channel. But what if you are not getting sufficient WiFi range? Opt for the Linksys extender setup RE6400 to extend the network. However, you can’t see the 5 GHz network name (SSID) from the list of available networks on the extender’s Site Survey list.
To resolve this concern, follow the instructions below:
- Check if your router is DFS certified.
- If the router is DFS certified, log in to your router’s page.
- Under the Router Settings section, click Wireless.
- Look for the 5 GHz network section then check if the Wireless Channel is set to Auto or to a DFS channel.
- If the router is set to Auto or a DFS channel, change its channel.
- Apply the settings by hitting the save button.
- After changing the router’s channel to non-DFS, return to your range extender’s Site Survey page again or refresh the network list and you should now be able to see your 5 GHz router network name in the list of available networks you can extend.
If not, feel free to get in touch with our experts at toll-free 1-888-887-5015 and let them fix the issue on behalf of you.
How to Reset Linksys Extender RE6400?
Facing intermittent wireless connections even after the Linksys extender setup RE6400? Can’t access http //extender.linksys.com RE6400 web-based setup page? If so, reset your Linksys extender to the default values. Linksys RE6400 reset is the remedy for all technical issues related to your range extender.
Before you reset Linksys RE6400 extender, it is strongly recommended to create a backup of the current configuration settings of your extender and restore them after the reset. Thus, no need to reconfigure your Linksys extender.
Here’s how to reset Linksys RE6400 extender:
There are two ways to perform Linksys RE6400 reset: using the Reset button and through the default Linksys range extender setup RE6400 web-based page.
1. Reset Linksys Extender RE6400 Using Reset Button
Follow the steps below to reset Linksys RE6400 extender:
- Find the Reset button on your Linksys RE6400 AC1200 dual-band range extender.
- The Reset button may present on the back or bottom panel of your extender.
- Press and hold the Reset button.
Reboot your WiFi range extender to complete the Linksys RE6400 reset process.
2. Reset Linksys Extender RE6400 Via the Web-Based Setup Page
Here’s how to reset Linksys extender RE6400 using the web interface:
- Open an internet browser you use the most.
- Access the http //extender.linksys.com RE6400 web-based setup page.
- After logging into your extender, choose the Factory Defaults option.
- Click on the Restore Factory Defaults button.
- To complete the Linksys RE6400 reset process, power cycle your extender.
Thus, your Linksys AC1200 RE6400 WiFi range extender has been reset. In case you have created a configuration backup before resetting your extender, click on the Restore Configurations button to restore the backup. However, if you come across any sort of technical issue while resetting your Linksys RE6400 range extender, get in touch with our knowledgeable and skilled technicians.
Disclaimer: linksyssmartwifi.site is not affiliated with any third-party brand or manufacturer unless specifically specified. It is a website providing WiFi information on troubleshooting and resolving issues related to various extenders, routers and similar networking devices. It's an independent service and support provider.