Linksys RE6400 Setup Guide
Linksys RE6400 AC1200 Boost EX WiFi Range Extender is a range extender from Linksys with 802.11ac technology. It has a plug-in format factor that allows the product to be plugged into a power outlet. As soon as you complete your Linksys RE6400 Setup, you can easily increase the range of a WiFi network with two non-detachable external antennas that provide WiFi range extension. It operates on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies simultaneously.
Let’s have a look at Linksys RE6400 Setup steps:
- First and foremost, turn on your Linksys RE6400 WiFi extender.
- Power on your PC and connect it to an available WiFi network.
- A prompt will open letting you enter the WiFi password.
- Launch an internet browser like Firefox, Chrome or Edge on your PC.
- Type extender.linksys.com in the address bar and press enter key.
- Now, Linksys wireless extender login page will show.
- Input the login user ID and passphrase.
- Thereafter, click on the login button at the bottom side.
- Now, go through the Linksys RE6400 setup steps given on the screen.
There you are! Your Linksys RE6400 AC1200 Boost EX WiFi Range Extender has been set up. However, if you don’t find these steps working for you, navigate to our Linksys Extender Setup to get the complete steps for manual and WPS method.
But in case you don’t have much time to go through the steps again and again, immediately contact our experts at toll-free 1-866-808-4180 and make your extender up and running in no time.
Using Site Survey on Linksys RE6400 Range Extender
The Site Survey displays all the wireless networks within the range of the wireless range extender. Follow the instructions below to learn how to use the Site Survey feature of the Linksys RE6400 range extender.
- Open a browser to log in to the web-based setup page of your range extender.
- Click on the Site Survey option.
- The Site Survey page will then be displayed with the following options:
- Select – clicking the radio button beside the wireless network name (SSID) selects the SSID.
- Security – displays the security type used by available networks. If a network supports WiFi Protected Setup (WPS), the WPS icon is also displayed.
- SSID – displays the name of available wireless networks.
- Signal Strength – displays the relative position of the available networks within range by indicating the power of the wireless signal received.
- GHz – indicates the radio band of available wireless networks.
Connecting the Range Extender With an Access Point or Router Using Site Survey
- Under Site Survey, click the radio button that corresponds to your wireless network name (SSID) and then, click Connect.
- Enter the passphrase of your wireless network then click Connect.
- Wait for the process to be completed.
- You should now have successfully configured your Linksys range extender with the wireless network. You can proceed with connecting wireless computers and devices to get internet access.
- The Network Name (SSID) should display your router’s wireless network name.
- Open the web browser you want to use.
- Write extender.linksys.com and press enter key.
- Let the Linksys WiFi extender login page completely load.
- Fill in the username and password to continue.
- Finally, click on login button.
In case of any issues, reach out to our experts at toll-free 1-866-808-4180 and get on-the-spot solutions.
Fixed: Unable to Find My 5 GHz Network During Linksys RE6400 Setup
Your wireless router is set to a Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) channel. Then, you decide to extend the network using a Linksys range extender. However, you can’t see the 5 GHz network name (SSID) from the list of available networks on the extender’s Site Survey list.
To resolve this concern, follow the instructions below:
- Check if your router is DFS certified.
- If the router is DFS certified, log in to your router’s page.
- Under the Router Settings section, click Wireless.
- Look for the 5 GHz network section then check if the Wireless Channel is set to Auto or to a DFS channel.
- If the router is set to Auto or a DFS channel, change its channel.
- Apply the settings by hitting the save button.
- After changing the router’s channel to non-DFS, return to your Linksys range extender’s Site Survey page again or refresh the network list and you should now be able to see your 5 GHz router network name in the list of available networks you can extend.
If not, feel free to call our experts at toll-free 1-866-808-4180 and let them fix the issue on behalf of you.