Complete Steps for Linksys RE7000 Setup
Linksys RE7000 Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender can easily extend your WiFi to hard-to-reach locations in your home such as your backyard, garage, or bedroom so you can get WiFi to smartphones, tablets, and laptops. Linksys RE7000 Setup can be completed by accessing the default extender login page. Go through the instructions below to get the job done:
- Plug in your RE7000 WiFi range extender.
- Properly attach the antennas to it.
- Now, turn on your computer.
- Choose a WiFi network to connect to.
- Input the password to make a proper connection.
- Launch the web browser you want to use.
- Write extender.linksys.com and press enter key.
- Let the WiFi extender login page completely load.
- Fill in the username and password to continue.
- Now, click on login button.
- Follow the on-screen steps in the exact given order.
Above steps didn’t help you complete your Linksys RE7000 setup? Go to the Linksys Extender Setup and find an all-inclusive setup guide for your extender.
If you still can’t set up your RE6700 Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our experienced technicians.
Advanced Configuration After Linksys RE6700 Setup
1. Optimize the Linksys RE7000 For a Noisy 2.4 GHz Environment
When the RE7000 is deployed as a wireless range extender that extends the WiFi of a dual-band wireless router, it is recommended to manually configure the Linksys RE7000’s uplink as 5 GHz especially if the user’s 2.4 GHz environment is noisy with many neighboring access points.
Here’s how to optimize your Linksys RE7000 for a noisy environment.
- Access your RE7000’s web-based setup page. To know how, navigate to our Linksys Extender Login page.
- Click on the Wireless > Cross Band button.
- Select the 5 GHz option.
- At last, click on Save button to apply the changes.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When the uplink of the RE7000 is 5 GHz Only, its 2.4 GHz extended network operates better in a channel that is different from that of the user’s wireless router.
2. Configuring Linksys RE7000 With a Linksys Max-Stream Router For Seamless Roaming
In this scenario, you will be using a working Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 Tri-Band WiFi Router and Linksys RE7000 Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender in the network. The wireless settings must be the same on both the router and extender.
(a) Linksys EA9500:
- Make sure that the Linksys EA9500 has the latest firmware.
- Write down the wireless network names (SSIDs) for both bands.
NOTE: You can name both radio bands the same wireless name or provide a different name for each band. To know how to check or change the wireless settings of your Linksys EA9500, contact our experts.
- Write down the wireless password and make sure the Security mode is either WPA2 Personal or WPA2/WPA Mixed Mode.
- If any changes were made to the router, click Apply to save the settings.
(b) Linksys RE7000:
- Seamless Roaming is also part of the Linksys RE7000 firmware.
- Open a browser to log in to the web-based setup page of your range extender.
- Under Wireless, click Basic Settings.
- Change the wireless settings as per your requirements.
- Finally, click on the Save button.
In case of any doubt or query, get in touch with our experts and fetch instant and relevant solutions.
3. Upgrading the Linksys RE7000 firmware
Updating the firmware fixes bugs and enhances the functionality for the Linksys RE7000 Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender. This product has an Auto Firmware Update feature which automatically updates the device whenever there is a new firmware available.
Once you are done with Linksys RE7000 setup, follow these instructions to update its firmware:
- Access your RE7000’s web-based setup page.
- On the web-based setup page, click on the Firmware Upgrade option.
- There are two methods in upgrading the firmware. Click on the method you would like to perform below: Automatic update and Manual update.
- In Automatic update, the RE7000 will automatically detect if there is a new available firmware and update itself.
- To manually update the firmware, click Select a File and select the firmware file that you have downloaded.
- Once done, click on the save button.
- Click Start Upgrade and wait for the upgrade to finish. Do not power-cycle the RE7000 while it is performing the upgrade.
Thus, your Linksys RE7000’s firmware has been upgraded. If you come across any sort of issue while updating the firmware, immediately contact our well-versed technicians.
Disclaimer: linksyssmartwifi.site is not affiliated with any third-party brand or manufacturer unless specifically specified. It is a website providing WiFi information on troubleshooting and resolving issues related to various extenders, routers and similar networking devices. It's an independent service and support provider.