The Complete Guide For Linksys RE1000 Setup
Linksys RE1000 MU-MIMO Range Extender is a tri-band Ethernet bridge and a range extender that will give your WiFi a boost and eliminate dead zones in hard-to-reach areas like your backyard, garage or bedroom. After RE1000 Setup, you will get three times faster speeds as compared to dual-band range extenders, all thanks to its 5 GHz dedicated backhaul connection.
With its MU-MIMO technology, your WiFi is sure to be delivered faster and with more efficient throughput for every MU-MIMO-connected device. Here are the RE1000 Setup steps to consider:
- Put your RE1000 WiFi extender on power.
- After that, turn on your computer or another WiFi-enabled device and connect it to a high-speed internet connection.
- Make sure to type the WiFi password for proper connection.
- Now, open a web browser you like.
- Visit extender.linksys.com web-based page.
- Wait for the RE1000 WiFi range extender login page load properly.
- Enter the default login credentials.
- Next, click on the login button.
- At last, follow the setup instructions given on the screen.
Hopefully, your RE1000 Setup has been completed. But in case you are unable to set up your extender, make a visit to our Linksys Extender Setup and get the complete manual setup steps there.
In case you are still unable to set up and install your RE1000 MU-MIMO Range Extender, get in touch with our well-trained technicians at toll-free .
Linksys RE1000 Troubleshooting
1. My Linksys RE1000 is not Detecting My WiFi During Setup
The Linksys RE1000 MU-MIMO Range Extender, by default, scans for a 5 GHz WiFi to use it as a dedicated backhaul (uplink) connection to a dual-band router. If your RE1000 is unable to see the 5 GHz network, here are things you can check (in the following order):
- Does your existing wireless router support dual-band networks? If your existing WiFi only supports a 2.4 GHz connection, then select the ‘Choose 2.4 GHz WiFi band’ option. Your extender will then scan for the 2.4 GHz connection.
- The RE1000 does not support Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) channels. If your router supports DFS channels, it is possible that your router is using a DFS channel; therefore, the extender will not detect the 5 GHz band.
- If the extender is too far away, try to move the extender closer for setup. After Linksys RE1000 setup, you can move it to another location.
If you are still facing the same problem, connect with our experts at toll-free and resolve the issue in a matter of minutes.
2. Poor Signal or Slow Speed on My Linksys RE1000 MU-MIMO Range Extender
Getting slow speed or poor signal even after Linksys RE1000 setup? If a big yes, follow the steps outlined below and fix this problem:
- Be sure to place your Linksys RE1000 in an ideal location, as indicated by the Spot Finder technology.
- Select the WiFi with stronger signal.
- Ensure to keep the RE1000 extender away from radioactive and electronic devices such as microwave ovens, Bluetooth devices, cordless phones, washing machines, treadmills, refrigerators, etc.
- Also, place your extender at a certain away from reflexive surfaces like mirrors, glasses and fish tanks.
Still getting the issue? Contact our 24×7 available experts at toll-free and fix the issue within minutes.
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with any third-party brand or manufacturer unless specifically specified.