Instructions to Follow For Linksys RE4100W Setup
Linksys RE4100W N600 WiFi Range Extender is a plug-in range extender that expands the range of your wireless home network up to 6500 sq. ft. With the range extender’s simultaneous wireless dual-band connectivity, eliminate dead spots and enjoy uninterrupted streaming, playing online games, and browsing the web without interruptions. After Linksys RE4100W Setup, you can use its Crossband feature.
This function allows information to be obtained on one band and transmitted on the other, resulting in reduced dropped data packets, faster media transfer speeds, and a stronger, more consistent signal throughout your home.
Here are the Linksys RE4100W Setup instructions:
- Plug in your RE4100W extender to an electrical outlet.
- Turn on your computer or laptop and connect it to an internet connection.
- A new window will display asking for the WiFi password.
- Enter the password to continue.
- Open one of the installed web browsers on your computer.
- Input extender.linksys.com in the URL bar and press enter key.
- Doing so will open the default extender login page.
- Type the username and passphrase.
- Afterward, click on the login button to continue.
- Now, follow the on-screen steps for Linksys RE4100W setup.
That’s it! Your RE4100W N600 WiFi Range Extender has been set up and installed properly. But if the aforementioned steps don’t work for you, visit our Linksys Extender Setup page and follow the complete setup steps.
How To Configure Wireless Mac Filter Using a Linksys Router With Linksys Range Extender
The steps below will guide you on how to configure Wireless MAC Filter with your router to permit or prevent the wireless devices connected to your Range Extender RE4100W. This can be a useful workaround if you have trouble while connecting your wireless devices to the Range Extender with the MAC Filter enabled on your Linksys router.
Firstly, you need to obtain the Extender MAC address of the range extender. For this, go to the web-based setup page, click Status > WLAN Statistics and look for the Extender MAC address section.
This is the address that must be added to the Linksys router for the Range Extender to connect to the network.
Set up Wireless MAC Filter on the Linksys router
Once you have obtained the Extender MAC address, you can now set up the Wireless MAC Filter on your router. Here are the do-follow instructions:
- Access your Linksys router’s web-based setup page.
- On the left navigation pane, click on the Wireless option.
- Click on the MAC Filtering tab.
- Check the Enabled box.
- When the Enabling MAC filtering will disable WPS, ‘Do you want to continue’ prompt appears, click Yes to proceed.
- Click Add MAC Address on the MAC Filter List section.
- Enter the Extender MAC address and then click Save.
- Finally, click on Ok to save the changes.
You have now successfully configured the Wireless MAC Filter on your Linksys router with Linksys Range Extender. If you face any issue, perform Linksys extender reset process by following the steps mentioned underneath:
Resetting Linksys RE4100W Extender to Factory Default Settings
Resetting the range extender will restore it to its factory default settings. Here’s how to reset RE4100W extender:
- Press the Reset button on the device.
- Power-cycle the extender to complete the reset process.
Thus, you can reset your WiFi range extender. If you experience any sort of issues while resetting, get prompt yet relevant solutions from our experts.
Disclaimer: linksyssmartwifi.site is not affiliated with any third-party brand or manufacturer unless specifically specified. It is a website providing WiFi information on troubleshooting and resolving issues related to various extenders, routers and similar networking devices. It's an independent service and support provider.