Although most Linksys Velop features come activated by default, however some need to be manually activated and Port Forwarding is one of them. Non-techies might not be familiar with the term port forwarding. Well, worry not! In this guide, we will not only make you understand the meaning of port forwarding but also help you with the instructions on how to port forward Linksys Velop. So, let’s get started!
What is Port Forwarding?
Let’s say you want to play some online games but they are not working for you because they support a specific port. If that is the case, you need to access the settings of your router and open that particular ports for playing your games.
When you open a port on your WiFi device, it will allow the particular data type to pass through your router. Thus, the process of opening a port and selecting a device to forward those particular messages to is called port forwarding. In layman terms, it is like connecting a pipe from your Linksys router to the device that requires making use of the port. However, a direct line of sight is needed between both the devices to make the port forwarding process come into effect.
Moving on, if you want to know how to port forward on a Linksys Velop setup, then the next section could be of great help. So, continue reading!
How to Port Forward Linksys Velop?
Note: Before you begin with the process on how to port forward on Linksys router, keep in mind to note down the IP address of your device as well as the system where you want to forward the ports to.
- Open a web browser on your computer and access the default web address of your Linksys Velop.
- You will be asked to enter your login details.
Quick Tip: If you have changed the default login credentials of your Linksys Velop, consider using the changed details to avoid any login issue. Also, make sure to type the password without making any typing errors.
- So, without any delay, enter your password into its respective field and hit Log In.
- You will then find yourself on the dashboard of your Linksys Velop.
- As soon as you reach there, navigate to the Settings section and locate the Security option.
- Under the Security option, you will find three different tabs naming Firewall, DMZ, and Apps and Gaming.
- From the options given, select the Apps and Gaming option.
- Again a number of options will reveal on your screen. From the list appeared, select Single Port Forwarding.
- Moving on, locate and select the Add a new Single Port Forwarding option.
- Now you will be asked to enter the details of the app or device to which you want to forward ports.
- Thus, fill in all the necessary details and select the Protocol that suits it.
- Besides, verify that the checkbox naming ‘Enabled’ is ticked.
- As soon as you hit the Save > Apply > Ok, you will be able to complete the port forward Linksys process.
Now, you are all set to enjoy playing games of your choice.
This is all about what is port forwarding and how can you port forward Linksys Velop. We hope that now you will be able to execute the port forwarding process without any hassle. Just in case the whole process seems complex to you, feel free to have quick assistance from our technical experts. Our technicians are 24×7 available to help users resolve various issues related to their Linksys routers and extenders.