Linksys RE6500 AC1200 WiFi range extender helps in eliminating dead zones with an ultimate wireless coverage of more than 10,000 square feet. RE6500 extender replicates the existing WiFi signals coming out from your main router and provides the uninterrupted internet range throughout the house.
Linksys AC1200 extender has earned a massive user base and the whole credit goes to the extender’s flawless features and outstanding performance. But sometimes, users face common yet major issues during Linksys RE6500 setup. These issues can be annoying and very difficult to solve.
If you are also facing the face issue, then worry not. We have a solution for you. In this troubleshooting post, you will learn some simple tips and tricks to resolve the issue. Let’s get started.
Unable to Connect to Linksys RE6500 Extender
Improper placement of the Linksys extender might be the root cause of this annoying issue. Not only this but also the placement of your existing WiFi router that you use for the Linksys AC1200 setup process perhaps results in the same problem.
The only fix to troubleshoot the problem is to place your Linksys extender and your router in the same room. Also, avoid placing your devices ner to thick walls, metal appliances, Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, baby monitors, and electronic gadgets.
Thus, you can easily solve the issue without any hassle.
Can’t Log in to Linksys WiFi Extender
For Linksys extender setup, you need to access its login page via extender.linksys.com. The Linksys extender login page allows you to configure your Linksys WiFi extender with great ease. At times, when a user tries to access the webpage, they stuck with an error message. Generally, it happens when there is no active WiFi connection between your Linksys extender and your client device.
To troubleshoot the issue, make sure of the following things:
- Ensure that you have entered the correct Linksys extender web address.
- Make sure that the client link LED on your Linksys extender is stable.
- Update the internet browser you are using.
- Use the latest firmware on your Linksys extender.
- Power cycle your Linksys extender, router, including your computer or laptop.
- Connect your Linskys extender to the router.
Intermittent WiFi Connection Problem
Another common issue while installing your Linksys WiFi range extender is a discontinuous internet connection problem. There would be various reasons behind the issue.
- Outdated firmware version running on your Linksys extender and your router.
- Distance between your router and your Linksys WiFi extender.
- Placement of your devices.
The only solution to fix the issue is to reset your Linksys RE6500 AC1200 WiFi extender back to factory default settings. Below are the steps to reset your Linksys extender.
To restore the default factory settings of your Linksys RE6500:
- Make sure that your Linksys extender is powered on.
- Disconnect your Linksys extender from other connected devices.
- Grab a pin or paper clip.
- Insert it into the Linksys extender’s factory reset hole.
- Hold the reset hole and release it.
That’s it! Your WiFi extender has been reset successfully.
For more Linksys extender troubleshooting tips, it is recommended to get in touch with our expert technicians via email.