This particular article will guide you on setting up Linksys RE6500 WiFi range extender using the setup wizard. Before proceeding further, ensure that you have a WiFi network name (SSID) and password handy with you.
Linksys RE6500 Extender: Boost up your existing WiFi signals
The Linksys RE6500 lets you repeat the existing wireless signal of any access point (AP). The primary function of RE6500 is to enhance the wireless signals of your existing WiFi router in a hard-reached network zone.
For a hassle-free manual configuration process, follow the steps below.
- Place your extender midway between your existing wireless router and the area without internet. Ensure that you place extender and router 1-3 feet apart from each other during the extender setup.
- Connect the antennas to your range extender and its power adapter to an electric power outlet. For best results, locate your antennas in upright the (straight-vertical) position.
- Now, wait for the LED light on the top panel of your WiFi range extender to blink orange. It might take up to 2-3 minutes.
Now, select a method for the extender configuration:
- WiFi setup – Using a desktop or a laptop, connect to the WiFi extender’s default WiFi network name.
- Ethernet setup – Connect your Linksys range extender to your computer using an Ethernet cable.
- Launch an internet browser on your computer. Type the Linksys range extender’s default IP address in the URL bar field.
- Hit the Enter key.
- You will land on the Linksys extender setup page.
- Click on the Start button.
- Choose the available option and click on Next.
- Select your WiFi and click on the Refresh icon.
- Enter your Linksys default password and click on Next.
- Now, configure your extended WiFi network. Well, the extended WiFi network names append with an _Ext suffix (for 2.4 Gigahertz) and _5GHz_Ext (for 5 Gigahertz). It is good to change the names of your extended WiFi networks and click on Next.
- Next, the Spot Finder will determine the signal strength between your main WiFi router and your Linksys WiFi range extender. In case your Linksys extender is Too close or Too far, then locate it to a better location and go back to point 3.
- Click on Next.
- Create a unique, strong, and long administrator password. Enter an optional security hint as well.
- Now click on Next.
Now, “Your extender is set up” screen displays. This indicates that your Linksys extender setup process is completed successfully.
If you need more assistance regarding Linksys RE6500 (AC1200) WiFi range extender, then without any hesitation contact our technical department now via chat or email. We are here to provide you the best assistance.