This particular article will guide you on setting up Linksys re6500 dual-band WiFi range extender using the setup wizard. For complete setup instructions follow the easy steps given below.
Before the Linksys range extender setup process, ensure that you have a WiFi network name (SSID) and network password handy with you.
Linksys Range Extender: Boost up your existing WiFi signals
The Linksys RE6500 (AC1200) dual-band WiFi range extender lets you repeat the existing wireless signal of any access point (AP) or router to provide continuous internet connectivity in hard to reach areas through a wireless or wired Ethernet connection.
For a hassle-free Linksys WiFi extender setup process, follow the steps below.
- Place your Linksys range extender midway between your existing wireless router and the area without internet. Make sure you have at least 50 percent active and running WiFi signals coming out from your main router.
- Connect the antennas to your Linksys range extender and its power adapter to an electric power outlet. For best results, locate your antennas in upright the (straight-vertical) position.
- Now, wait for the LED light on the top panel of your WiFi range extender to blink orange. It might take up to 2-3 minutes.
Now, select a method for Linksys Extender Setup:
- WiFi setup – Using a desktop or a laptop, connect to the WiFi extender’s default WiFi network name, Linksys Extender Setup – xxx.
- Ethernet setup – Connect your Linksys range extender to your computer or laptop using a well-maintained Ethernet cable.
- Launch an internet browser on your desktop or laptop. Type extender.linksys com or the Linksys range extender’s default IP address in the URL bar field to access the setup wizard without any hassle.
- Click on the Start button.
- Choose the available option and click on Next.
- Select your WiFi and click on the Refresh icon.
- Enter your Linksys default password and click on Next.
- Now, configure your extended WiFi network. Well, the extended WiFi network names are appended with an _Ext suffix (for 2.4 Gigahertz) and _5GHz_Ext (for 5 Gigahertz). It is suggested to change the names of your extended WiFi networks and click on Next.
- Next, the Spot Finder will determine the signal strength between your main WiFi router and your Linksys WiFi range extender. In case your Linksys extender is Too close or Too far, then locate it to a better location and go back to point 3.
- Click on Next once done.
- Create a unique, strong, and long administrator password. Enter an optional security hint as well.
- Once done, click on Next.
Now, “Your extender is set up” screen displays. This indicates that your Linksys extender setup process is completed successfully. Please ensure that you are connected to your Linksys extender’s WiFi network name with the _5GHz_Ext or _Ext appended to the name.
If you need more assistance on how to set up your Linksys RE6500 (AC1200) WiFi range extender then without any hesitation call our technical department now at toll-free number 1-866-808-4180. We are the service provider of Linksys and provide support for all Linksys products.