Linksys is known for manufacturing devices that are known for improving the networking experience of users. Some people prefer installing WiFi routers brought in by Linksys whereas some perform Linksys extender setup to get the whole-home WiFi coverage. Another such gadget is the Linksys WUSB6300 AC1200 wireless-AC USB adapter that houses the wireless AC technology aimed to upgrade your computer to the latest WiFi standard. In this blog, we will provide you with the instructions of upgrading the Linksys WUSB6300 driver on a computer. FYI, you need to install the latest driver on your PC before using the adapter. So, let’s get started.
How to Install Linksys WUSB6300 Driver on Windows 10 PC?
Two methods are there that can be employed install the adapter driver on your computer. They are discussed below.
Method 1: Use a Setup CD
The Linksys WUSB6300 v1 arrives with an installation CD. All the user needs to do is run the setup CD and walk through the instructions that appear on the screen. You can download the setup wizard or standalone drives from the WUSB6300 DOWNLOADS page of the adapter in case your device does not have a CD ROM drive.
Method 2: Use the Plug-and-Play Setup
You can also configure the Linksys WUSB6300 driver through the Plug-and-Play Setup for Windows. But, you can do it only if your PC is functioning on newest version of Windows updates. So, be very sure that your computer’s software is up-to-date.
To update your Windows PC, consider clicking the WINDOWS icon and then selecting the GEAR icon. Look for the WINDOWS UPDATE option. Select CHECK FOR UPDATES. If a new windows OS version is available, click DOWNLOAD and INSTALL. Lastly, RESTART your PC.
Method 3: Download and Install Manually
The third method requires you to download the latest driver upgrade for your adapter from the Linksys Download Center and install it manually. Given below are the steps that will help you install the latest driver for your adapter on your Windows PC.
Steps to Install Linksys WUSB6300 Driver on Mac
For Mac system, check the compatibility of the adapter with the iOS version. For your knowledge, the WUSB6300 adapters are functional with OS X® 10.11 (2015 version) to OS X 10.15 (2019 version). The steps to install the driver update for the Linksys WSB6300 adapter on the Mac devices are mentioned below:
- First of all, disable the built-in WiFi adapter of your Mac device. Turn off the WiFi for this.
- Download the latest setup software or utility of the adapter from the Linksys Downloads page.
- To download the software utility, either connect your computer to the AP or use a flash drive and download the file from another computer.
- Navigate to the file you just downloaded and extract its contents.
- Read the SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT after launching the setup.pkg file.
- Click CONTINUE > AGREE > CONTINUE INSTALLATION.
- Enter the password and select INSTALL SOFTWARE.
- RESTART your computer.
- Connect the adapter to the USB port on your PC and connect to the WiFi.
- Locate the Linksys WUSB6300 WiFi icon, select the network, and join it.
In this way, you can install the Linksys WUSB6300 driver on your Mac computer. Move to the instructions given in the next section to learn how to complete the process on a Windows PC manually.
Steps to Install Linksys WUSB6300 Driver on Windows
You should know that the WUSB6300 driver is compatible with Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. Whenever there are times when the user cannot update the software. In that case, you should install the driver manually. Here’s how.
- Download the Setup Wizard from the Linksys Download Center.
- The first thing you need to do is run the setup wizard without the adapter connected.
- After that, unzip the file and click on Setup.exe.
- Select NEXT > RESTART NOW.
- Now, connect the Linksys WUSB6300 adapter after you RESTART the PC.
- Click FINISH.
Using Standalone Drivers to Install Linksys Adapter
This method can be adopted if the OS fails to find the driver. For this, you need to download the STAND-ALONE DRIVER as per the WINDOWS VERSION. You can check the WINDOWS VERSION from the CONTROL PANEL. After downloading the drivers for your OS, extract the file and connect the adapter to the PC. Open DEVICE MANAGER on PC and select OTHER DEVICES. Select the ADAPTER and choose UPDATE DRIVER. Hit BROWSE MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVER SOFTWARE. Select BROWSE, choose the location, and click OK. Click NEXT > CLOSE. Lastly, restart your computer and connect it to the network that appears with the name Linksys WUSB6300.
In a Nutshell
Here ends our guide disclosing details about the Linksys WUSB6300 driver update. We hope that you will be able to install the adapter’s latest driver successfully no matter whether you own a Windows or Mac device with the help of this post. Now, you can enjoy using the latest WiFi standard.