Netizens show a great interest in employing new WiFi devices in their homes. They do this to satiate their hunger for accessing a super-fast internet connection throughout their houses. Recently, a Linksys router user decided to perform Linksys extender setup because the WiFi connection was not reaching upstairs. All in all, it can be said that he installed a WiFi extender to address the Linksys WiFi not working properly issue.
Although he got the perfect internet connection upstairs after that, his major concern was that he was unable to access the login page of the Linksys WiFi router. He wanted to access the same because he wanted to assign a WiFi password to the network which was open WiFi. He said that the login page wasn’t accessible through the default IP because of the open WiFi issue. The user also wanted to assign new WiFi details to the extender. Keeping this situation in mind, we have penned down a blog that can help in such a situation. If you are also facing similar kinds of problems, it is recommended that you walk through the information highlighted below.
Why Linksys Router Became Inaccessible Due to Open WiFi?
This must be known to you that the Linksys router didn’t become inaccessible in the case we’re currently discussing. All that happened because the user did not connect his computer to the router’s WiFi. Do you know that the computer/laptop to access the login page of any networking device needs to share a wired or wireless connection with that particular device? Well, now you know.
Therefore, you are advised to connect your computer to the Linksys router with the help of an Ethernet cable or a WiFi connection. Once done, you can use these steps to change the WiFi settings of the router. The steps given below will provide you with the highlights of changing the Linksys router settings. And yes, you will no more complain about facing the Linksys WiFi not working properly issue.
- Log in to your dual-band or single-band Linksys wireless router.
- You should use the default password admin in case you haven’t modified it.
- Thereafter, click WIFI followed by CONFIGURATION.
- Enter the SSID and WIFI PASSWORD for 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ bands.
- Leave the channel as AUTO and click SAVE.
Your Linksys router WiFi connection will no longer be open and you can now enjoy accessing a secured WiFi network as there will be no threat of WiFi leeches. Just in case you are unable to access the login portal of the Linksys extender you’ve joined with the router and want to access its settings, you can take the help of the steps mentioned in the upcoming section.
Linksys Open WiFi Issue with Extender
You simply have to assign a WiFi SSID and NETWORK Key to the extender if you want to get rid of the open WiFi problem related to the Linksys range extender. Here’s what you need to do.
- Join the default WiFi network of your Linksys extender. (No password is required because of the open WiFi).
- Access the extender.linksys.com URL on an updated web browser now.
- You will be prompted to input the password and username of the extender.
- Click BASIC SETTINGS once you are on the Linksys extender dashboard.
- Locate the EXTENDED WIRELESS SETTINGS under the 2.4 GHZ band.
- Uncheck the box that says as same as the wireless router.
- Input the required details (Network key and SSID).
- Do the same for the section dedicated to the 5 GHZ frequency band.
- Lastly, click Save.
With that, the Linksys WiFi not working properly issue related to the extender will be resolved. You also have a choice of using the repeater/extender mode on the Linksys extender if the open WiFi issue is still troubling you.
Still Linksys WiFi Not Working Properly?
Are you still unable to access the respective web pages of your websites because of the Linksys WiFi not working properly issue? It is then recommended that you MAKE SOME CHANGES TO THE LOCATION OF YOUR LINKSYS DEVICES AND UPDATE THEIR FIRMWARE. Also, check the LAN cable connections. This will unlock a completely new digital experience for you. If nothing works in your favor, set up your Linksys devices once again using the correct instructions.