Linksys produces a brand of WiFi range extenders that delivers your Internet service provider network service from existing WiFi router data packets via wire-free back and forth to your desktop or laptop. Your wireless router sends information to multiple devices through the air but in a limited range. After that, you find either weak or no signal zone in your own home only. Here Linksys WiFi extender Setup is one of the best options. It helps to transmit your existing WiFi router signal to new boundaries. But sometimes we might sudden tackle with an orange blinking light in our range extender. Let us first now understand the reasons behind the orange light.
In What Conditions You Find Orange LED Light Over Your Linksys Extender
1. Modem/Router Connectivity Issue: If your Linksys range extender is unable to connect with your modem or WiFi router, then try to restart your range extender after an interval of 10-15 seconds. Later, repeat the same procedure with your WiFi router or modem. Once your WiFi router or modem is ready to connect, try to re-establish the connection between your Linksys range extender and router.
2. Outdated Firmware: In somehow situation, you might have ignored the range extender firmware updates. This might leads to some kind of bug or error or inner software faulty. So it’s quite important to keep your device firmware up to date.
Before proceeding further, make sure you are using the latest firmware version, if not, firstly all you need to download and install it. To upgrade the Linksys WiFi range extender’s firmware, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Connect your Linksys range extender with the help of an Ethernet cable directly to the computer.
- Access the Linksys smart WiFi login through a web-based setup page with the help of a web browser by entering the 192.168.1.1 default IP address in the URL address bar.
- Security windows will pop-up on the desktop, asking for a Username and a password. Enter login credentials.
- Click on Firmware Upgrade under Administration, present on the web-based setup page.
- Tap on the Choose File.
- Select the latest downloaded firmware file and click on the Open button.
- Tap on Start upgrade.
If you are still facing the same blinking orange light issue, get in touch with the most experienced and talented technical experts through a single call on the toll-free number +1-866-808-4180.
Last But Not the Least Option, To Fix Linksys Range Extender Orange Light
Sometimes, even after the restart or firmware update also, you might still struggle with the blinking orange light. But still, you can fix it will a simple factory reset method. So let us focus on this particular method.
Precaution: Your all personalized configure settings will completely erase up with the factory reset settings. So consider once before performing factory reset settings.
- Firstly all you need to just plug in your Linksys range extender and make sure it is well plugged into the wall electric socket.
- Locat for the “Reset” button present on the side of your extender Linksys device. Either a small button is present or a pin-size hole reset option is present. So just press and hold the “Reset” button for 10-15 seconds, if pin-sized hole then uses a paper pin to reset back to factory settings.
- Once all the LED lights present on the range extender start blinking, pull out the pin and leave the range extender till the time all the LED lights got stable.
Note: For better information regarding the Linksys range extender reset Read Here: How to Reset a Linksys WiFi Range Extender
Now, try to reconfigure your Linksys range extender. If still, you are facing the same problem then for advanced techniques, get in touch with the leading technical experts at toll-free number +1-866-808-4180 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our technical support staff is here 24x7x365 days to provide you with the best assistance and support for the Linksys range extender.