Linksys WiFi range extenders boost the existing WiFi router range and coverage. Your wireless router sends information to multiple devices through the air but in a limited range. After that, you find either weak or no signal zone in your home. Here Linksys WiFi extender Setup is one of the best options. It helps transmit your existing WiFi router signal to new boundaries. But sometimes, we might sudden tackle with an orange blinking light in our range extender. Let us first now understand the reasons behind the orange light.
In What Conditions You Find Orange Blinking Light On Linksys Extender
1. Modem/Router Connectivity Issue: If your Linksys range extender is unable to connect with your modem or WiFi router, then try to restart your range extender after an interval of 10-15 seconds. Later, repeat the same procedure with your WiFi router or modem. Once your WiFi router or modem is ready to connect, try to re-establish the connection between your Linksys range extender and router.
2. Outdated Firmware: In somehow situation, you might have ignored the range extender firmware updates. This might leads to some kind of bug or error or inner software faulty. So it’s quite important to keep your device firmware up to date.
Before proceeding further, make sure you are using the latest firmware version. If not, firstly all you need to download and install it. To upgrade the Linksys WiFi range extender’s firmware, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Connect your Linksys range extender with the help of an Ethernet cable directly to the router.
- Access the Linksys smart WiFi login page with the help of a web browser by entering the 192.168.1.1 default IP address in the URL address bar.
- Security windows will pop-up on the desktop, asking for a Username and a password. Enter login credentials.
- Click on Firmware Upgrade under Administration, present on the web-based setup page.
- Tap on the Choose File.
- Select the latest downloaded firmware file and click on the Open button.
- Tap on Start upgrade.
If you are still seeing orange blinking light on Linksys extender, get in touch with our highly-experienced and talented technical experts.
Last But Not the Least Option, To Fix Linksys Range Extender Orange Light
Sometimes, even after the restart or firmware update, you might still struggle with the blinking orange light. You can fix it will a simple factory reset method. So let us focus on this particular method.
Precaution: All your personalized configure settings will completely erase up with the factory reset settings. So consider taking a backup of all the customized settings before performing factory reset.
- Firstly all you need to do is just plug in your Linksys range extender and make sure it is well plugged into the wall electrical socket.
- Locate the “Reset” button present on the side of your extender Linksys device. Either a small button is present or a pin-size hole reset option is present. So just press and hold the “Reset” button. If a pin-sized hole, then use a paper pin to reset back to factory settings.
- Once all the LED lights present on the range extender start blinking, pull out the pin and leave the range extender till all the LED lights get stable.
Note: For better information regarding the Linksys range extender reset, visit: How to Reset a Linksys WiFi Range Extender
Now, try to reconfigure your Linksys range extender. If still, you are facing the same problem then for advanced techniques, get in touch with our technical experts via live chat or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.