Why do You Need to Setup Linksys Router?
If you own various WiFi-enabled devices that can give you access to super-fast internet, then you need to setup a Linksys router at your home. Linksys routers are very easy to install and manage. All the models of Linksys routers are destined to deliver solid WiFi coverage throughout your homes. Best of all, they come with various features that can take your internet-using experience to a whole new level. For example, most routers flaunt features like parental controls, anti-malware protection, guest network option, and a lot more. So, these all are the factors that encourage users to setup Linksys routers in their homes. Now, if you want to know how to setup Linksys router, then have a tab on the next section.
How to Setup Linksys Router?
A Linksys router can be configured using various methods. Here we’re going to elucidate various steps on how to setup Linksys router using Smart Setup Wizard. Let’s get started.
- Open your Linksys router and if it supports external antennas, then first consider connecting the antennas to the Linksys router in a proper manner.
- Once done, connect your Linksys router to your modem by installing one end of the Ethernet cable to the internet port of your router and another end to the modem.
- Plug in the Linksys router to a power source and set the power button to the on position.
- Let the power light on your Linksys router turn solid.
- Now, launch an internet browser on your computer that is not infected by viruses.
Note: If the antivirus, firewall, or ad-blocking apps are enabled on your computer, then temporarily disable them. Once you complete the Linksys router setup process, you can again enable these apps to protect your system from potential threats.
- Enter linksyssmartwifi.com into the address field of your web browser and press Enter.
Quick Tip: If linksyssmartwifi.com not working for you, you can use the default IP address to proceed further with the Linksys router setup process using the manual method.
- Accept the terms for the application and click Next.
- Locate and select the Manual Configuration option.
- The setup wizard of your Linksys router will ask for entering the account name and password.
- Fill in the details and click Next to proceed further.
- Enter the WiFi name and password you want to set for your device and click Next.
- If your router supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi bands and you want both the bands to use the same name, then select the ‘Give all my WiFi bands the same name’ option.
Congratulations! Your router has successfully been installed using the Linksys Smart Setup Wizard.
How to Setup a Linksys Router Using Linksys App?
Looking to configure your Linksys router right from the comfort of your couch? Well, the Linksys app can solve the problem. Here’s how to setup a Linksys router using your mobile phone.
- Download the Linksys app on your smartphone and launch it.
- You will be asked to turn on Bluetooth. So, do the same.
- Thereafter, accept the terms and conditions to use the app.
- Follow certain prompts appearing on the app’s interface and complete the Linksys WiFi setup process using the Linksys app.
Common Issues While Doing Linksys Router Setup
Users come across various issues while performing the setup process of their Linksys routers. Some of the most common issues are as follows:
- Can’t access Linksys router setup wizard
- Don’t know Linksys WiFi setup username and password
- linksyssmartwifi.com not working
- Linksys router connected but no internet
- WiFi dropping even after completing Linksys router setup
- Forgot Linksys router login details
- Unfamiliar with the process of how to setup a Linksys router
If you are troubled by any of these issues, then don’t be alarmed! Our tech experts are 24×7 available to help you fix all issues related to Linksys WiFi setup. On the assumption that you want to fix the Linksys router setup issues on your own, we’re going to list various troubleshooting tips to help you out.
Troubleshoot Linksys WiFi Setup Issues
Below is the breakdown of tips explaining how to fix Linksys WiFi setup issues with ease.
- Before trying anything else, reboot your router and modem by unplugging their power sockets from their wall outlets. Once you feel that enough time has been given to the devices for rest, plug them back into their sockets and try to complete the Linksys router setup process. Perhaps, this time you get success.
- Make sure the connection between your Linksys router and the modem is correctly established. Also, check if the cable connecting both the devices is in working condition. In the event that it has any cuts or breakage, consider replacing it with a new one right away.
- You may also get troubled by Linksys router setup issues if your device is placed in close proximity of electronic devices, metal appliances, aluminum studs, reflexive surfaces, etc. Thus, keep both your Linksys router and modem far from such things to get the Linksys WiFi setup issue fixed.
- If you are trying to setup Linksys router using the manual method, then make sure the web browser that is being used for the process is up-to-date. Before trying to access the Linksys router setup wizard, it is recommended to wipe off the cache and cookies from your web browser.
These all are the ways following which you can fix the Linksys router setup issues in no time. We hope that this page has helped you learn how to setup a Linksys router and fix various issues occurring while executing the process.
Disclaimer: Linksyssmartwifi.site is an information provider. It is not affiliated with any third-party brand or manufacturer. Linksyssmartwifi.site provides information on troubleshooting issues related to various extenders, routers and similar networking devices. Our services are provided only on demand to users.