The status of LED lights on your Linksys WiFi device determines its overall performance. For most of the time, you may not be seeing red light on your Linksys router or extender. But, what if your Linksys keeps on showing red light? Well, the occurrence of Linksys red light issue is common. If not resolved, you will not be able to access the internet on your devices. Here, we are going to share some tested and proven tips to help you get rid of the Linksys blinking red issue.
Basic Steps to Fix Linksys Red Light Issue
There are several LED lights available on a Linksys device. All the lights indicate different meanings. But, if you witness any of those lights showing red, you will not be able to use the internet.
Nearly anything from loose wired connections to a power outage and fluctuated power supply to a thunder storm can create the problem of Linksys red light issue. And, if the right diagnosis and action is not been taken, it can sometimes take hours or even days to get fixed. This how-to guide will take you through some of the troubleshooting actions you can take to diagnose and fix the issue without any hassle. No matter whether you are experiencing the red light issue with your Linksys router setup or Linksys extender setup, the fixes will work the same in both cases.
First, check whether the electric sockets to which your router or extender is connected are working and providing adequate power supply. If not, consider plugging in your devices to different sockets for getting the red light issue fixed.
Check Cable Connections
Loose/faulty wired connections can also create the Linksys red light issue. So, if you have used an Ethernet cable to connect your router/extender to your computer, make sure that it is connected properly and is free of any cuts or damages.
To connect a modem to a router or a router to an extender, it is important to check if they are compatible to work with each other. Thus, ensure that you have selected the right devices for satisfying your internet needs.
If even after trying all the tips above, you are unable to get rid of the Linksys red light issue, worry not! We’ve some advanced troubleshooting tips at hand, only for you. Let’s reveal them!
Advanced Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Linksys Red Light Issue
- Try rebooting your Linksys. Yes, the trick is efficient enough when it comes to solving various problems related to Linksys WiFi devices. Try it by unplugging your Linksys from its power outlet. Let the power adapter of your Linksys have some rest, then again plugin it back to its socket and see if the problem has been resolved for you or not.
- If you have connected your modem to the router or the router to the extender wirelessly, consider disconnecting them. Once done, connect all these devices with the help of an Ethernet cable. Because sometimes disruption in the wireless connection can also cause the red light error.
- If the problem still persists, reset your Linksys to the default setting and configure it again. To execute the reset process, you can push the hard Reset button available on your Linksys.
- Still the Linksys red light issue remains unsolved? Check if the hardware of your device is proper or not. Perhaps, while unboxing the device it got damaged.
- Cross-check with your Internet Service Provider to know whether everything is fine from that end. It is possible that you are getting Linksys red light error due to a technical glitch from the side of your ISP.
Well, all these hacks will help you cope up with the Linksys red light issue. If you are still inept to do away with the problem, feel free to contact our technical experts for getting quick assistance. They will diagnose and fix the issue for you in a spur-of-the-moment. This way, you will be able to make the most of your Linksys in a hassle-free manner.