Linksys RE4100W is attracting many eyeballs around the world when it comes to enjoying super-fast internet. However, to make the device up and running, users need to know various things. This is where we have got your back! Here, in this Linksys RE4100W Manual, we have tried to cover everything that users must ask while configuring the WiFi device. So, why wait? Check the steps listed in the write-up and know how to get the most out of your Linksys RE4100W WiFi range extender.
Linksys RE4100W Manual – Setup Info
Linksys RE4100W can be installed either using the manual method or with the help of WiFi Protected Setup. All you need to do is;
- Plug in the range extender to a power socket, preferably somewhere in the mid of your existing router and the area where there is no WiFi access.
- Let the light on your Linksys RE4100W range extender turn solid.
- On a system, open a web browser and type extender.linksys.com in the address field.
- Press Enter, fill your login password into the field given, and click Login.
- There you are! Following the on-screen instructions, you now will be able to complete the RE4100W Linksys extender setup process using the manual method.
For configuring your Linksys RE4100W using the WPS method, make sure the router you own is also WPS supported.
Linksys RE4100W Manual – Special Feature
Linksys RE4100W entered the market with the addition of one special feature that is music streaming. This means you can now stream music with the help of your extender by connecting your speakers to it. Best of all, the feature supports iOS, Android, Windows, and MAC OS X operating systems.
Linksys RE4100W Manual – How to Access Extender Settings
Once you are all done with the configuration of your extender, you are free to tweak various settings of your device. But now the question arises, how to access the settings of Linksys RE4100W WiFi range extender. Well, worry not! Linksys RE4100W Manual covers this aspect as well. Check below:
- Launch a web browser on your device and access the default web address of your Linksys extender.
- As soon as you press the Enter key, you will be asked to enter your username and password.
- If you have not yet changed the password of your Linksys RE4100W range extender, then use the default credentials to land on the setup wizard of your Linksys.
You are all set to access the settings of your extender and change them as you fancy.
Linksys RE4100W Troubleshooting Guide
Users may come up with various issues while making their Linksys RE4100W operational. If you are also struggling with any problem, walk through the troubleshooting steps below and get rid of RE4100W extender-related issues in a snap.
1) Problem: Can’t connect to your Linksys extender
Solution: Check the position of your extender and make sure it is within the range of your router and is away from things causing WiFi interference.
2) Problem: Not receiving expected WiFi coverage
Solution: Repositioning the antennas of your Linksys RE4100W can help you get rid of this particular issue. Point the left antenna straight down and the right antenna must be perpendicular to the range extender.
3) Problem: Unable to access Linksys RE4100W range extender
Solution: Make sure your extender is connected to your home WiFi network. Also, if you have connected your router and extender wirelessly, consider establishing a connection between both the devices with the help of an Ethernet cable.
4) Problem: Linksys RE4100W range extender keeps disconnecting
Solution: Make sure you have placed the Linksys RE4100W midway between your already configured WiFi router and the location where there is no WiFi. Also, keep in mind that your extender must be having at least 50% of WiFi signals from your router in the area where you have located it.
Linksys RE4100W Manual – Extender Overview
Moving on, let’s now give you the overview of your extender so that you can better understand its working.
1. You may find a light on the front of your extender which informs you about the power, signal strength, and updating status.
2. WiFi protected setup button is located on the side of the extender informing you about the status of the WPS setup.
3. Reset button can also be found on the side of the extender that helps you take your extender back to the default settings just in case your extender is not working due to some technical glitch.
4. Ethernet port can be found at the bottom of the device that allows you to connect your extender to the router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
Linksys RE4100W Manual – Extender Specifications
Linksys RE4100W is the dual-band wireless range extender. It supports various ports like Ethernet, Audio, and Power. Offering up to 128-bit encryption, the extender comes with 2 internal antennas. Linksys RE4100W is powered by WEP, WPA, and WPA2 wireless security.
Our user guide on Linksys RE4100W WiFi range extender ends here. Just in case we skipped any info in the Linksys RE4100W manual and you want that, get in touch with our technical support executives for knowing the whole nine yards of Linksys RE4100W.