If your internet connection isn’t as speedy as it should be even after setting up the extender, then the culprit can be anything from congested data lanes to physical interference of the obstructions caused by third-party WiFi devices. If the internet traffic lanes are clear and your shiny new extender is up to snuff, then resetting the extender would be a long-lasting solution.
How to Reset Linksys Range Extender
Below are some easy-to-execute steps to reset your Linksys WiFi range extender like a pro:
Note: Do not turn off your device during the reset process.
- Use a paper clip or pin and gently insert it into the reset hole of your Linksys device.
- Hold it for a couple of seconds and after that, release it.
- Wait for a few minutes for your Linksys device to fully reboot.
- Once your device has been reset successfully, restart it once.
Congrats! You have successfully rebooted your range extender back to its factory default values.
Now, let’s go with the setup process of your extender
Below are some easy and handy steps to set up your device within a matter of minutes:
- Plug your range extender into a wall socket. Make sure that you place it closer to your existing WiFi router.
- After that, grab a computer or a laptop.
- If you can’t connect to Linksys extender, then it is recommended to restart your devices once (computer, range extender, and the router).
- Once your devices are rebooted successfully, you can see the Linksys Extender Login page. If yes, then you are supposed to enter it by typing default login credentials (username and password) into the required fields.
- For this, you have to open a relevant web browser and into the address bar either type the web address or default IP address of your range extender.
In case you don’t see Linksys WiFi extender login page, or facing issues in access to the web address, get in touch with our expert technicians.
- Once you are onto the login page, just follow the on-screen instructions and select your wireless network name (SSID). Now, type a valid password (passphrase) and hit on the Next button.
Fab! Your range extender has successfully setup. You can now place it anywhere to its intended location.
If this process doesn’t work, then you can set up your device using WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) method.
- Press and hold the WPS button on your range extender for a couple of seconds. The WPS LED on your device will blink.
- Within a couple of minutes, press the WPS button on your existing wireless router.
- If your main WiFi router supports the 5GHz band, just repeat the aforementioned two steps to connect the Linksys extender to the 5GHz band.
Fab! The Linksys WiFi range extender using WPS has been initiated successfully.
If you are still facing issues in setting up your Linksys WiFi range extender, then:
- Make sure that you are using the latest and updated firmware of router.
- Ensure that you are using a well-maintained Ethernet cable to connect your router, range extender, and computer with each other.
- Make sure that you are placing your devices away from the refrigerator, microwave, mixer grinder, treadmill, baby monitors, electronic toys, metal appliances, concrete walls, fish tanks, automatic door alarms, etc.
- Check that you are making use of correct login credentials and URL (web address).
- Contact our highly-experienced technicians.