If your internet connection isn’t as speedy as the 100 megabytes per second promised by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), then the culprit can be anything from congested data lanes to physical interference of the obstructions caused by third-party WiFi devices. On the other hand, if the internet traffic lanes are clear and your shiny new router is up to snuff, but smart WiFi devices are placed too far away from that signal source, then Linksys WiFi Range Extender setup would be a long-lasting solution.
So, for the setup process of Linksys range extender, we insist you follow step-by-step information on how to make changes in your Linksys device as well as to reset Linksys range extender.
How to Reset a Linksys WiFi Range Extender
Below are some easy to execute steps to reset your Linksys WiFi range extender like a pro.
Note: Do not turn off your device during the reset process.
- Now, use a paper clip or pin and gently insert it into the reset hole of your Linksys device.
- Hold it for a couple of seconds and after that, release it.
- Wait for a few minutes for your Linksys device to fully reboot.
- Once your device has been reset successfully, restart it once.
Congrats! You have successfully rebooted your range extender back to its factory default values.
Now, let’s go with the setup process of Linksys WiFi range extender
Below are some easy and handy steps to set up your device within a matter of minutes.
- Plug your range extender into a wall socket. Make sure that you place it closer to your existing WiFi router.
- After that, grab a computer or a laptop.
- If you can’t connect to Linksys extender, then it is recommended to restart your devices once (computer, range extender, and the router).
- Once your devices are rebooted successfully, you can see a Linksys Extender Login page. If yes, then you are supposed to enter in it by typing default login credentials (username and password) into the required fields.
- For this, you have to open a relevant web browser and into the address bar either type extender.linksys.com web address or default IP address of your range extender.
In case you don’t see Linksys WiFi extender login page, or facing issues in access the web address, then dial a toll-free number 1-866-808-4180 and ask our technical department for extender.linksys.com Support.
- Once you are onto the login page, just follow the on-screen instructions ? select your wireless network name (SSID) ? type a valid password (passphrase) and hit on next icon Next.
Fab! Your range extender has successfully setup. You can now place it anywhere to its intended location.
If this process doesn’t work, then you can set up your device using WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) method.
- Press and hold the WPS button on your range extender for a couple of seconds. The WPS LED on your device will blink.
- Within a couple of minutes, press the WPS button on your existing wireless router.
- If your main WiFi router supports the 5GHz band, just repeat the aforementioned two steps to connect the Linksys extender to the 5GHz band.
Fab! The Linksys WiFi range extender using WPS has been initiated successfully.
If you are still facing issues in setting up your Linksys WiFi range extender, then:
- Make sure that you are using latest and updated firmware of router.
- Ensure that you are using a well-maintained Ethernet cable to connect your router, range extender, and computer with each other.
- Make sure that you are placing your devices away from refrigerator, microwave, mixer grinder, treadmill, baby monitors, electronic toys, metal appliances, concrete walls, fish tanks, automatic door alarms, etc.
- Check that you are making use to correct login credentials and URL (web address).
If you find this blog helpful, then do share your valuable feedback and comments with us. Also, share with us, what’s the annoying thing you’re struggling with. We can help you out with the same.
Thank you for giving us your precious time.