Linksys smart WiFi routers are known for their amazing features and providing a flawless internet connection. That is why Linksys routers are the most preferred networking devices across the world. Linksys MR8300 smart WiFi router is one such offering by Linksys. After setting up the Linksys WiFi router you can have access to extremely fast wireless speeds. Linksys tri-band mesh WiFi router delivers its superior speed even in the dead zones of the home. It is perfectly suitable for a house that thrives on entertainment. It is ideal to stream 4K media, browse the internet, and play online games without lag.
You can connect multiple devices at once to your Linksys router’s WiFi network. But, you can’t put the router’s security at stake by revealing the main WiFi password to your guests. Keeping this in mind, Linksys came up with one more smart feature, that is, the Guest WiFi network. By configuring this feature, you need not to share your main WiFi network’s password with the guests. In addition, it allows you to connect 5-50 guest devices to your router’s network at once. So, you don’t have to worry about your WiFi password being stolen by someone else. Here, in this blog post, we will shed light on the steps to configure the Guest WiFi feature on a Linksys MR8300 router. So, let’s start.
Before You Enable Guest WiFi on Linksys MR8300
Here are a few points that you need to keep in mind before configuring the Guest WiFi on the Linksys MR8300 router in a hassle-free manner:
- Have access to a blazing-fast internet connection.
- A damage-free Ethernet cable to connect the Linksys smart WiFi router to the modem.
Now, let’s move towards the steps to configure the Guest WiFi feature on your Linksys router.
Steps to Set Up Guest WiFi on Linksys MR8300 Router
Follow the steps given below to configure the Guest WiFi feature on your Linksys MR8300 by accessing the Linksys router setup wizard:
- Let’s commence the process of setting up the Guest WiFi feature on your Linksys router by powering it up. For this, plug it into a wall socket and switch on the Power button.
- Ensure that the power LED on your Linksys MR8300 router is glowing green.
- Thereafter, make a hardwired connection between your Linksys smart WiFi router and the existing modem. Remember that the connection between both the WiFi devices should be precise.
- Now, switch on your computer and open a web browser like Safari, Firefox, Chrome, etc. But, make sure that the web browser is updated and free of cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- Go to the address bar of the web browser.
- Type 192.168.1.1 IP address into it and press the Enter key to access the web-based setup page of Linksys MR8300 router.
- Once the setup page appears, you will be prompted to log in to your Linksys smart WiFi router.
- Enter the default login credentials of your Linksys MR8300 wireless router in the fields provided. It should be known that the default username and password of the Linksys WiFi router are case-sensitive and a small typing error is enough to prevent you from configuring the Guest WiFi settings. Therefore, avoid typos and turn the Caps Lock key on your keyboard off while typing them.
Note: If you’ve ever changed the Linksys router login username and password, then we recommend you use the changed login details instead.
- Click Log In.
- The web interface of Linksys smart WiFi router will be displayed.
- Now, click the Wireless tab and then the Guest Access sub-tab.
- Select the Yes option in the Guest Access section.
- Afterward, click Save Settings.
- The default password of your Linksys WiFi network will be displayed.
- Click on the Change button to customize the password.
- Enter the password you want to set up for the Guest network.
- Select the number of guest users you want to allow to connect to your WiFi network.
- Lastly, click the Change button to apply the settings.
Congratulations! The Guest WiFi feature is enabled on your Linksys MR8300 WiFi router. Now, your guests may connect to the Guest network of your router using the password you’ve set.
In the Nutshell
With the help of the steps discussed in this post, you can easily set up the Guest WiFi feature on your Linksys MR8300 router. On the off chance, you feel perplexed at any step in the process of configuring the Guest WiFi settings, get in touch with our experts. They are available 24/7 to support you.