Linksys RE3000W N300 WiFi range extender boosts the existing wireless range, removing all dead zones from your home or office. The RE3000W includes a single WiFi band of 2.4 GHz, offering you WiFi speeds up to 300 Mbps. Covering up to 5000 square feet, Linksys N300 WiFi range extender comes with QoS traffic management function to reduce buffering by prioritizing high-bandwidth activities. Talking about the Linksys RE3000W setup, it is extremely easy with the installation wizard.
However, there are a lot of users who experience issues while setting up Linksys N300 RE3000W range extender. And most of the users don’t know how to deal with Linksys RE3000W extender setup issues. Sensing this need, we have put this post into the limelight that thoroughly guides you on how to setup Linksys RE3000W N300 WiFi range extender. Scroll down to read more.
Linksys RE3000W WiFi Extender Setup Using Configuration CD
Linksys N300 RE3000W extender comes with a configuration CD, making the installation process a bit easier for you.
Prior to getting started with the Linksys RE3000W setup guide, you should know the wireless network name (SSID) and password of your existing WiFi network. Once you have these details, follow the steps below to set up your Linksys WiFi range extender using the configuration CD:
- First and foremost, plug in your Linksys RE3000W N300 WiFi range extender to an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Insert the Linksys RE3000W configuration CD in the CD drive.
- Now, click on the ‘Set up Your Linksys Range Extender’ option.
- Click on the Next button.
- Wait for some time and let the wireless connection establish for the Linksys RE3000W V1 setup.
- Hit Next once the connection between your devices gets established.
- A new window will open, searching for available WiFi networks.
- From the search results, select the network you wish to extend and click on the Next button.
- Enter the SSID of your wireless network and hit Next.
- Type your network password and hit Ok.
Now, your Linksys RE3000W N300 wireless extender has been set up properly. Move the extender to the desired location. Make sure that the LED light on your extender is solid green after the Linksys RE3000W N300 installation. Thereafter, you can connect all your WiFi-enabled devices to the new, extended WiFi network using the Linksys default password.
So that’s how you can install your range extender using the Linksys RE3000W extender setup software.
Linksys RE3000W Setup Without CD
Don’t have the configuration CD? Wondering how to setup Linksys RE3000W N300 extender without CD? Well, don’t blow a fuse! You are still in luck! You can also perform Linksys RE3000W setup without CD. Yeah, that’s right! Just a few below-given steps and you are done!
- Place the N300 RE3000W WiFi extender in the same room as that of your home router.
- Connect the extender to a power source and let it turn on properly.
- The next step for Linksys N300 wireless range extender setup is to connect your laptop or computer to a WiFi network. Be sure that the WiFi network you are connecting to is fast and reliable.
- Now, launch your preferred web browser and access the extender.linksys.setup web page. Make sure that the web browser you use is updated with the most recent version.
- As soon as the Linksys WiFi range extender screen loads, click on the Start button.
- Afterward, select your wireless network name or SSID.
- Enter the network password in the given field.
- Click on the Next button.
- Once you have successfully connected, a confirmation message will appear on the screen, stating ‘Your extender is now configured’.
That’s all! Here ends our Linksys RE3000W installation guide. If you are still unable to set up your Linksys N300 RE3000W WiFi range extender, feel free to get in touch with our experts via email.