Is your Linksys extender not broadcasting SSID? It is one of the most common issues experienced by Linksys extender users all over the world. Due to this issue, users are unable to connect to their extender’s network. There can be a number of reasons why your Linksys extender doesn’t broadcast the SSID. This post will make you familiar with various troubleshooting ways to get rid of the Linksys WiFi range extender not broadcasting the network name issue. Let’s get the ball rolling.
Fixed: Linksys Extender Not Broadcasting SSID
1. Check If Your PC Can Ping the Extender
Using the ping test, you can check whether your Linksys extender is broadcasting the SSID or not. Here’s how to run the ping test:
- Switch on your computer or laptop.
- Find your Linksys extender’s IP address from the DHCP Client Table of your home router.
- Once you know the IP address of your Linksys WiFi range extender, perform a ping test.
- Run the Command Prompt on your Windows PC. On the other hand, if you are using a MAC OS X, hit on the Ping tab in the Network Utility window.
- As soon as the Command Prompt window opens, type ping followed by the IP address of your Linksys extender.
- At last, press the Enter key.
Confirm if you are getting replies. The ping test makes your computer send a message to your WiFi range extender. On the off chance if you get a reply, it means that your extender is up and running. If this is not the case with you, try to relocate your Linksys range extender.
2. Relocate Your Linksys Extender
Where is your Linksys WiFi range extender placed? In case the extender is kept nearby interference-creating objects such as microwaves, Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, baby monitors, refrigerators, mirrors, glasses, metal doors, aluminum studs, and fish tanks, then the Linksys extender SSID will not show up in the list of available WiFi networks.
Therefore, ensure to place the extender at a location where it can easily receive signals from your home router. Also, keep the interference-creating objects far away from your Linksys extender.
3. Power Cycle Your Linksys Extender
To jump-start your Linksys WiFi network without deleting any customized wireless settings, power cycle your range extender. Here’s how:
- Unplug the power cord of your Linksys extender from the wall socket.
- Let your extender take some rest.
- Now, connect the power cord of your Linksys range extender to the wall socket again and turn it on.
Power cycling your Linksys extender will also help you stop Linksys WiFi from disconnecting frequently.
4. Reset Your Linksys Extender
None of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips resolved the Linksys extender not broadcasting SSID issue for you? Gotcha! Consider resetting your extender as the last resort.
All you need to do is simply press the Reset button on your extender. However, after the resetting process, all the customized settings of your extender will be deleted and the extender will restore its default factory settings. Therefore, it is recommended you to take a backup of the extender’s existing settings prior to reset it.
Note: You can also reset your Linksys wireless extender via the default Linksys extender login web page.
Still your Linksys extender not broadcasting SSID? Contact our technical experts now! They will help you fix the issue within minutes.