Linksys Cloud Accounts have made it easy for users to access their WiFi routers. It allows them to manage their Linksys routers remotely and change their settings including the router password. Just in case you are wondering how to change router password via cloud account, then we’ve got you covered. Here, we will provide you with the step-by-step guidelines to change the router admin password using the Linksys Cloud Account. So, read on.
Before You Change Router Password
- Make sure that you have completed the Linksys router setup process.
- Ensure that you have associated your smart WiFi router with the Linksys Cloud Account.
Now, let’s head over the steps to change router password with the help of the Linksys Cloud Account.
How to Change Router Password via Linksys Cloud Account?
Here are the do-follow steps to change the router’s admin password using the Linksys Cloud Account:
- Power up your Linksys smart WiFi router after plugging it into an electrical outlet.
- Let the LED light on your WiFi device stabilize.
- Now, grab an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to your smart WiFi router and another to the modem.
- Thereafter, switch on your computer.
- Open a web browser like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, etc.
- Go to the address bar.
- Type the default web address of your Linksys smart WiFi router.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Linksys router login window will be displayed.
- To reach the Linksys Cloud Account page, click the link displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- You will see the Linksys Smart WiFi Sign In window.
- Here, you need to enter the email ID and password using which you’ve created the Linksys Cloud Account.
- Once done, click Log In.
- The Linksys Smart WiFi home page will come into view.
- Now, head over to the Router Settings menu.
- Click the Connectivity option.
- Afterwards, select the Basic tab and click Edit beside the Router Password option.
- Now, enter the Linksys smart WiFi router’s current password.
- Thenceforth, enter the new password and re-enter it in the Confirm New Password field.
Quick Tip: You can use a combination of letters, digits, and even special characters to create a strong login password for your Linksys smart WiFi router.
- Click the Apply button.
- Confirm the changes you’ve made by clicking the Yes button and then OK.
- The new password for your Linksys smart WiFi router will come into effect.
In this way, you can change router password using the Linksys Cloud Account. In case you can’t, refer to the troubleshooting tips given below.
Can’t Change Router Password?
- The first thing you need to do in order to rectify the issue is to check the adequacy of the power supply to your Linksys smart WiFi router. For this, see whether the wall socket into which the WiFi router is plugged is non-damaged or not. If not, then either repair it change it.
- You might also be unable to change router password if the Ethernet cable used for connecting your WiFi devices is worn out. So, check for the same. If our assumption turns out to be true, replace the Ethernet cable you are currently using with a new one. Or even better, consider using a wireless source to connect the router and modem.
- No matter which web browser you are using to change the admin password of your Linksys smart WiFi router, it should not be outdated. If it is, then update it right away. Also, it won’t cost you a fortune if you clear the browser’s cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- Be careful while entering the email ID and password to perform Linksys Cloud Account login. Also, do not make a number of failed login attempts. Otherwise, your account might get temporarily suspended.
- Enter the correct default web address of your Linksys smart WiFi router in the address field of the web browser. Else, you will get redirected to some other website instead of the Linksys router login page.
Changing the Linksys router admin password is necessary in order to prevent unauthorized access. We hope that after walking through this post, you will surely be able to change router password and secure your device. However, if you’re still struggling while executing the process, get in touch with our experts.