Want to access a blazing-fast and uninterrupted internet connection? If you are nodding your head in yes, consider performing Linksys RE9000 setup in your home. A Linksys RE9000 is a tri-band range extender with band steering. This extender model is known to balance connected devices between the 5GHz band and 2.4GHz band.
To take advantage of various other features it has to offer, walk through this post and learn how to configure a Linksys RE9000 extender in your home.
Linksys RE9000 Setup via WPS Method
WPS (WiFi-Protected Setup) is the simplest way to configure a Linksys RE9000 extender. Take the help of the following steps and get to know how to setup Linksys extender:
- Plug your Linksys RE9000 extender into an electrical power outlet.
- Press the Power button.
- Connect the extender to your home router using a wireless source.
- Next, locate the WPS button on your Linksys RE9000 wireless extender.
- Once found, carefully press it.
If the WPS light becomes green, it means you have successfully configured your Linksys RE9000 extender. But, in case it doesn’t, try the next setup method. Need a better option? Reach out to our well-versed technicians.
Linksys RE9000 Setup as an Access Point
- Power your extender after plugging it into an electrical outlet.
- Connect your Linksys RE9000 extender with the existing router using an Ethernet cable.
Note: Make sure that the Ethernet cable connecting your wireless devices is not damaged.
- Once a strong connection between your devices has been established, log in to your extender using the default web address.
- When logged in, click Manual setup.
- Select ‘As a wired range extender (Access point)’.
- Click Next.
- Create an SSID and password for your extended network.
- Hit Save.
By following these instructions, you will be able to perform Linksys extender setup as an access point.
Browser-Based Linksys RE9000 Setup
- Place the Linksys RE9000 extender near the existing router.
- Press the power button on the extender and let the LED become green.
- Create a connection between your Linksys extender and router.
- Switch on your computer.
- Launch an internet browser.
Note: If the ‘404 not found’ error message pops on your screen, clear the cache, cookies, and browsing history of your browser.
- Type http://extender.linksys.com in the URL bar of the browser. You can also use the default IP address to access the Linksys extender login page.
- Press the Enter key.
- When prompted, log in to your Linksys RE9000 extender using the default username and password.
- Click Log In.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
You are all done! In this manner, performing Linksys RE9000 setup via extender.linksys.com will be a piece of cake for you.
Although setting up a Linksys wireless range extender isn’t that big of a deal, however, many users encounter issues during the process. If you are also facing issues while configuring a Linksys RE9000 extender, follow the tips mentioned below.
Can’t Perform Linksys RE9000 Setup?
- Maybe your Linksys range extender is not receiving an uninterrupted power supply from the electrical outlet. To fix the issue, consider plugging your device into another wall outlet.
- If the internet browser you are using to log in to your Linksys wireless extender is outdated, update it right away.
- Make sure your extender is placed away from cordless phones, washing machines, refrigerators, microwave ovens, baby monitors, treadmills, televisions, Bluetooth speakers, and other similar electronic devices.
- In case there is too much distance between your Linksys RE9000 extender and router, waste no more time in bringing them closer. Also, ensure that the signals of your devices are not getting interrupted by reflexive surfaces like mirrors and fish tanks.
- If you are unable to access the main dashboard of your Linksys RE9000 extender, it might be due to an incorrect username and password. Thus, ensure that you are entering the correct login credentials. Not sure about them? No problem! Refer to the user manual.
- In case the power LED on your device hasn’t turned green, and you’ve made the mistake of continuing with the setup process, that can also cause technical issues. Thus, let the LED become green, only then start with the process to set up an extender.
Need More Help?
The guidelines mentioned in this post will surely help you perform Linksys RE9000 setup with ease. On the off chance, they don’t, contact our technical department via chat or email. We are here to provide you with the best assistance.
Disclaimer: Linksyssmartwifi.site is an information provider. It is not affiliated with any third-party brand or manufacturer. Linksyssmartwifi.site provides information on troubleshooting issues related to various extenders, routers and similar networking devices. Our services are provided only on demand to users.