Linksys Velop intelligent mesh WiFi system is outperforming traditional routers and extenders in a great manner and letting users enjoy blazing-fast internet connection on all their client devices. Best of all, like other Linksys devices, the intelligent mesh system can be configured in a matter of minutes. But, during Linksys Velop setup, it has been found that users at times get stuck with various error messages. If you are also experiencing some issues while making your Linksys Velop intelligent mesh WiFi system up and running, then we’ve got your back. In this post, we’re going to list answers to the most common issues that can toughen the process of Linksys Velop intelligent mesh WiFi system setup for you.
How to Fix Linksys Velop Intelligent Mesh WiFi System Issues
Issue 1: No internet is detected
Fix: If you find that no internet is detected on your Linksys Velop mesh system during the configuration process, then you need manually tweak the settings of your device. Here’s how:
- Tap the link given to get access to various options.
- A variety of options will reveal like contact my ISP, try again, I have a static IP address, I have a PPPoE account, and then some.
- Selecting all the given options, you will be guided with various instructions.
So, as per your need, choose an option and follow the process further to get rid of the internet not detected issue while doing Linksys Velop intelligent mesh WiFi system setup.
Issue 2: Unable to log in via admin password of Linksys router
Fix: While doing Linksys router setup, you may also encounter login issues. If the same is bothering you while doing Velop setup, then keep in mind that an admin password is created automatically for keeping your node secure. Although the password cannot be seen by you, however you can change it as per your needs. Here are the steps explaining how to change the admin password of your WiFi router:
- Access the Linksys cloud account for logging into your Velop.
- Once done with the login process, navigate to the Velop Administration option.
- Select the Change Velop Password and Hint option.
- You can now set a new password for your device along with listing a hint for it.
- Select Save to let the changes come into effect.
Issue 3: Can’t Restore Linksys Velop Intelligent Mesh WiFi System to Default Settings
Fix: There could be various reasons forcing you to reset your Linksys Velop mesh system to the default settings. Perhaps, your device is not working the way you fancy or you have forgotten the login password of your device. Whatever the scenario is, following the steps given below you can take your Linksys Velop intelligent mesh WiFi system to the factory default settings.
- Make sure your Velop node is powered up.
- Locate the Reset button on your Linksys Velop node and press it until you find the LED light on your device has turned red.
- This is how you can reset your Linksys Velop node to its factory settings – no matter whether it is primary node or secondary one.
Once done with the reset process of your Linksys Velop intelligent mesh WiFi system, you are advised to set up your device again from scratch. If you are unaware of the process of configuring a Linksys Velop intelligent mesh system, then the section below could serve the purpose.
Issue 4: How to Set up Linksys Velop Intelligent Mesh WiFi System?
Fix: You can set up Linksys Velop Intelligent Mesh WiFi system using various methods as per the availability of your device. For instance, you can set up the device using the Linksys app or manually via linksyssmartwifi. Here, we are going to explain the process of setting up a Linksys Velop node using the Linksys app.
- Power up the parent node of your Linksys Velop intelligent mesh WiFi system by plugging it into a working power outlet.
- Connect it to the modem or modem router.
- Now, download the Linksys app on your device and launch it.
- Tap the Launch setup option.
- Follow the prompts appearing on your device and complete the Linksys Velop setup process.
This is all about how to fix various issues that come within your way of setting up Linksys Velop intelligent mesh WiFi system. If you come across any other issues while making your Velop operational, then consider getting in touch with our technical experts for instant help. We’re available 24×7, for your information!