If you are looking for a solution to get rid of a slow internet connection, then performing Linksys RE6500 setup will certainly be the best bet for you. Setting up a RE6500 extender will not just provide you with an uninterrupted internet connection but also expand the existing WiFi coverage area. Also, you can connect as many devices as you want with the WiFi extender without dreading a slow internet connection.
Step-by-Step Guidelines to Perform Linksys RE6500 Setup
Below-given are the instructions you need to follow in order to set up a RE6500 WiFi extender without any hassle. On the off chance if you get stuck at some point while setting up your device, then feel free to get in touch with our experts.
- First things first, place your extender in the same area where the router is placed.
- Then, attach the antennas on the Linksys extender and power on your WiFi device.
- But, before you power it on, make sure it is plugged into a wall socket.
- Do not proceed further until the power LED light becomes solid green.
- Next, select the type of WiFi setup you want to process – wired or wireless.
- In case of a wired connection, make use of a cable to connect your extender and router.
- And in the case of wireless, use a wireless source to connect both your WiFi devices.
- Then, open your computer and go to a web browser of your choice.
- Enter the default IP or extender.linksys.com in the address bar of the web browser.
- Fill in the default username and password in the necessary fields.
- Do not forget to click on the Log In button.
- Did you just come across the extender.linksys.com not working error? If the answer is yes, then get in touch with our experts straight away for assistance.
- Once you hit the Log In button, go to the Settings option.
- Next, click on Wireless > Basic Wireless Settings.
- Now, click on the Manual mode and enter the Network name (SSID).
Once you are done giving your WiFi device a name, change its location.
Still Stuck With Linksys RE6500 Setup? Make Use of These Tips:
- Your extender is not placed in close proximity with the WiFi router.
- The Linksys RE6500 extender is placed in a dead zone or an area that has no WiFi service.
- Be extremely careful while entering the default username and password of your device.
- Ensure that the cable you’ve used to connect the extender and router is not worn out.
- Update the firmware of your device to its latest version. To update your extender’s firmware, you need to access its settings.
- If you’re facing any internet-related issues, then power cycle your Linksys RE6500 extender.
- If the power LED light of your device is not green, then do not make the mistake of proceeding further with the Linksys RE6500 setup process.
- If any of the antennas of your WiFi range extender is damaged, then get it replaced without giving it a second thought.
- The web browser you’re using should not be outdated. If updating it doesn’t work in your favor, then switch to another browser.
- Perform a factory default reset. Sometimes, restoring your device to its default values is enough to get rid of the Linksys RE6500 setup issues.
In case the default admin credentials are troubling you, then you are free to refer to the manual that came along with your WiFi extender. Or even better, let our experts help you out in this case.